Key designer will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of highly complex loosely coupled software components and microservices integrated in public and private cloud architecture. Manages assigned projects and work flow of engineers, serves as mentor to junior staff members. Participates on cross-functional design projects, serving as the organizational spokesperson on advanced projects/programs. Assists in the generation and promotion of new theories, concepts, principles and methodologies within a specialty area. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. You will build formal technology proposals and gets appropriate consensus to productize it.
- Technical guide and a leader in designing & coding robust scalable, loosely coupled components and microservices that integrates with both public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Applyarchitecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
- Strong focus on DevOps use-cases and work-flows
- Optimized internally for extensibility and enabling development teams to operate quickly
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services
- Drive critical component design decisions across working teams
- Work to drive decisions through a crisp decision-making process and framework
- Analyze criteria and options and bring together necessary data to answer key questions
- Meet with key partners, internal teams and 3rd party partners in joint design and development efforts while being able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in development & deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack.
- Good knowledge of microservices architecture & large scale API design and development.
- Experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm.
- Experience developing solutions using automation tools such as Ansible, Chief, Puppet, System Center.
- Experience developing automation for Terraform or infrastructure provisioning tools.
- Good knowledge and extensive experience with a broad set of ADC component technologies.
- Experience crafting complex product technologies and initiatives from concept through release.
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Regularly demonstrates collaboration by promoting others’ ideas, influencing others, and making teams successful.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards.
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems.
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements.
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8years' of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 6 yearexperience with a Master’s degree; or 3 years with a PhD; or equivalent experience.
- Coding experience in languages such as Java and C/C++
- Golang is a plus
- Professional experience in networking with knowledge of OSI Layer-1 to 7 including LANswitches, routers, general TCP/IP and associated protocols.