We are looking for a highly motivated mobile software developer to join our XenMobile product group. The engineer will architect, design, develop, troubleshoot and debug mobile system software for XenMobile which is used by enterprises to secure, manage and control mobile devices, apps and data.
Under general guidance, completes technical assignments using basic software development methodologies to required standards of quality and timeliness; implements designs with some guidance and supervision; delivers quality work product while gaining experience and knowledge in specific area of assignment.
Embrace and institute best practices and coding standards (e.g.: code reviews, logging and instrumentation, unit tests) within the team. Applies the company’s software engineering processes and standards.
Understand and troubleshoot field issues. Diagnose customer problems through systematic root cause analysis.
Implements, unit tests, debugs and integrates code of assigned projects; performs preliminary tests to verify the functionality, accuracy, and efficiency of developed or enhanced software; performs maintenance functions to correct errors as necessary.
Develop new features, and develop or extend existing automated tests. Create automated tests using good design principles; Present automation execution results in a format that is easy to interpret.
Engages in continuous learning both on the job and through technical training in order to expand and enhance technical expertise and competency and keep pace with technology advancements.
- Architect, design & develop system software for iOS and Android platforms
- Produce innovative technical solutions for the interesting mobility-era problems and mobile OS limitations
- Work with QA to ensure product meets quality standards
- Implementing designs; performing code reviews; implementing unit tests; debugging and integrating code
- Design - Experience with object oriented software design. Expected to exercise sound technical judgment and minimize risk.
- Debugging - Strong debugging and problem solving skills. Knowledge and experience using XCode desirable.
- Documentation - Must be able clearly and concisely define technical issues.
- Understanding of Agile software development methodology and tools
- Mobile Application Development – C/C++, Objective C, Java
- Scripting experience - PowerShell, Perl, Python
- Experience developing in the Enterprise Mobility and Cloud space
- Familiarity with bug tracking system
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent is a minimum requirement in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or a related technical field. A Master's is highly Preferred.
- 5 + years of experience in software product development
- Demonstrated understanding of Computer Science fundamentals (e.g., algorithms, data structures); basic proficiency in a programming language(s) (e.g., C, C++, Objective C)
- Understanding of basic software lifecycle process
- Knowledge of Mobile App development
- Basic understanding of networking and data communications
- Knowledge of Internet technologies (e.g., HTML, XML, TCP/IP)
- Ability to solve problems across multiple sub?disciplines of software engineering, for example:
- Capability of describing approaches to software test within projects
- Capability for finding and/or developing solutions to algorithm and programming problems
- Demonstrated ability to investigate and find defects in software