Sr. Software Engineer
Our client, a leader in Warehouse Management System (WMS) software systems is seeking a tenured Sr. Software Engineer to join their team.
This client’s solution set ranges from; warehouse and transportation management to labor management, voice picking and ERP systems to provide a full solution set to the supply chain execution sector.
Their solutions improve customer relationships, reduce operating expenses and increase warehouse efficiencies. This 30 year old company privately held company is profitable and growing again due to successful contract acquisitions. The successful candidate will join an established development team that is distributed across multiple states/locations.
We are seeking a candidate that has 10+ years of coding hands-on, in a collaborative software development environment. In this role you’ll work withother SW engineers, QA teams, project and product managers to help develop solutions to client requests and product enhancements.
The software engineering team also provides all aspects of the SDLC cycle for the existing suite of products.
The successful candidate can be located remotely from their HQ location but is expected to work out of one of their corporate facilities in: Charleston, SC, Long Island NY, Cedar Knolls NJ or Shelton, CT. Software Engineer candidates should have 10+ solid years of experience with strong C++, Java, SQL server and ASP.NET skills and ability to read, debug and adapt to the existing code base. Those with experience in the distribution, warehouse management or manufacturing sectors will be at an advantage.
The role reports to the VP of engineering and the candidate will be part of a company that is already well established but growing due to their market position and successes. Be part of a team that takes pride in their solutions and values candidates that truly care about their work product.
Skills and Experiences desired;
· Candidatelocations: Charleston, SC, Long Island NY, or Shelton, CT
· Experience with multiple programming languages; C++ (managed/unmanaged), C# and Java.
· Experience with; ASP.NET, EDI, JSP and XML
· Experienceworking with; Visual Studio and TFS Source Control Tools
· Strong SQL knowledge and experience with such (MSSQL and/or Oracle)
· Comfortable with different platforms, emphasis on Windows (Windows, Unix, Linux)
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Quick study, able to work independently or with a team, resourceful and eager to learn.
The client will offer a very competitive base ($ 100.0K +/- dependent upon experience) and bonus program, full suite of benefits: health, dental, vision, 401K and PTO.