Sr. Software Engineer
Sr. Software EngineerJob Description
Capital One (yes, the “what’s in your wallet?” company!) is rethinking the way the world approaches banking. We’re experimenting, innovating, and delivering breakthrough experiences for 65 million customers. We love to be curious, to dream, and ask “What if?” Oh, and we love to write code. Not to brag, but we’re also a great place to work!
As a Capital One software engineer, you'll work on everything from customer-facing web and mobile applications, to highly-available, highly-scalable micro-services, to back-end systems with sophisticated data pipelines. All on the cloud!
You will drive design, implementation, testing, and release in an agile environment, using modern methodologies and open source tools. Whether a new feature or a bug fix, you will lead your work and deliver the most elegant and scalable solutions, all while learning and growing your skills. Most importantly, you’ll work and collaborate with a nimble, autonomous, cross-functional team of makers, breakers, doers, and disruptors who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs.
The person we're looking for:
- has a sense of intellectual curiosity and a burning desire to learn
- is self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- is deliriously customer-focused
- values data and truth over ego
- has a strong sense of engineering craftsmanship, takes pride in the code they write
- believes that good software development includes good testing, good documentation, and good collaboration
- has great communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
You might notice that there’s no mention of specific languages or technologies. That’s because your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don’t want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we’re doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team. But just in case, here are some buzzword-worthy tools and technologies we currently use, so the search engines can help you find us: Agile, DevOps, AWS, Docker, micro-services, APIs, iOS, Node, Java, AngularJS, ReactJS, Kafka
- At least 3 years of experience in software development
Job ID R44886