The Boeing Company is currently seeking an Sr. Software Engineer (Level 4) to join the Digital Aviation and Analytics organization in St. Louis, MO.
As a Sr. Software Engineer on our team you will support the development of the Automated Maintenance Environment (AME) system. AME is a critical piece in maintaining flight readiness of the F/A-18 aircraft. In addition to having direct technical assignments you will have an opportunity to provide guidance and input to junior team members in this role.
- Developing and maintaining code and integrating software components into a fully functional software system.
- Developing, maintaining and unit testing software components into a fully functional software system.
- Developing, documenting, and maintaining architecture, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems.
- Serving as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues and processes.
- Supporting the full lifecycle of software development and have significant responsibility for the end software product.
The Boeing Company's Digital Aviation and Analytics organization is growing its Health Management software team. We are seeking additional Software Engineers to support this team developing business application software and websites to collect, analyze, and display data relating to customer maintenance activities supporting a variety of military aircraft and ground vehicles. The software we develop allows users to monitor overall vehicle health and proactively identify potential issues with vehicle operations. Software engineers in our organization will work with Boeing and military engineering teams to deploy next generation integrated diagnostic and health management applications.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Digital Aviation & Analytics
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required)
- 5+ years of C# experience
- 1+ year of experience interfacing with database systems (Oracle, Sybase and/or SQLite)
- 1+ year of web development experience
- Experience with C++
- Experience with working in an Agile environment
- Experience with Web Services, Windows Communication foundation (WCF) and Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.