Digital Health is a new business unit within Becton Dickinson charged with building innovative new product lines. The goal of Digital Health is to work alongside highly successful business units and bring software into their portfolios.
Digital Health is bringing agile software practices into a leading global medical technology company - pushing the boundaries of the industry, the business and the products. Our Digital Health innovation center will be launched in the Boston/Cambridge area to rapidly prototype and then commercialize new concepts in digital health. Over time, Digital Health will spawn multiple products and services which enable consumer engagement, better health outcomes, and stickiness for BD products.
Why Is This Role Critical?
As a Sr. Software Engineer you will be responsible for building and delivering innovative new products to market. What you build will be used by millions of users worldwide. Your focus on lean software practices and delivering quality products will be critical in the success of Digital Health and our mission of transformation. You will be making a real difference in making healthcare more efficient, safer and more effective.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Innovation, prototyping & development:
- Be a key member of a software development team working to rapidly develop and iterate on new product concepts for mobile apps and smart devices.
- Adopt a lean start-up approach to building and testing a minimum viable product. Implement an early feedback loop to enable continuous learning and iteration for ventures, products and services. Leverage the relevant capabilities of BD to accelerate delivery
- Contribute and lead technical architecture and design discussions
- Assist in defining best practices and building our culture of continuous improvement
- Partner with cross-functional teams to build and refine user stories
Your keys to success
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience building enterprise-quality software
- Experience with NLP and ML technology.
- Ability to work in a startup-like, fast-paced environment
- Experience with agile, lean practices and methodologies
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented collaborative environment
- Passion for technology and delivering useful and pleasing products to a consumer base
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Hands on experience with Application Development using the .NET stack
- Hands on experience with Xamarin
- Working knowledge of micro-services architecture and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Results-oriented: Track record of delivering enterprise-grade software
Job ID R-24609