Requisition Number 53944
Looking for a great place to work where professional and personal growth are encouraged and promoted? Looking for a place where you can put your skills to work and create new exciting applications for everyone to see. Assurant Digital is in the middle of a growth cycle for our technology and our clients. We need talented engineers ready to design the architecture of our future. You ready?
Who we are
Four enduring values guide the way we support our customers and work with one another: Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results. Our employees uphold our common purpose: To help people protect what matters most to them.
We are looking for an engineer that in time can lead a project, talk to the business and our different teams to make sure we can accomplish our goals. Communication is big for us so if you are the type of engineer that likes to develop new portals, can talk to all the different team members, and has a business mind we are looking for you.
How do we work
We encourage a team atmosphere guided by Agile principles. We work closely with our business units, project managers, technology architects and quality assurance specialists to work features and stories through a short lifecycle.
We use TFS to enable code review, provide code testing and automate deployment. For the front-end we leverage the JQuery, the Bootstrap framework, and Sitefinity to manage the content of the sites. We also use Angular for some in-house projects. There's a lot of new development going on with our front-end code. Our main job is to get everything working together to get the portals working properly. Our portals need to communicate to databases, multiple services, a security platform, and follow the business needs to make everything work cohesively. We encourage all our developers to jump in and learn about things that interest them. We have a strong engineer team that has a vision to build everything in a global manner so that we can reuse the applications we built for multiple clients with different needs. We encourage this philosophy in everything we built to make sure we can reuse about 90% of our code, this makes developing a bit harder, but at the same time is a challenge we like to take on.
We'd also love your experience with REST APIs, XML interfaces and service systems.
We also work to create and design SQL databases and tables, so we need you to how to use Entity Framework.
When we work
Core hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., so most everyone will be available during those hours. Some early birds show up at 7 to beat traffic, while others like the quiet office after hours. We don't make a big deal about hours. Meetings and such are scheduled during the core hours, because it just makes things easier.
Vacation is important. Take a vacation. You'll start out with about 4 weeks of vacation plus 11 paid holidays in 2018. You can carry over 120 hours of vacation year to year, but why should you: The benefits package includes short-term and long-term disability. Take your vacation.
Speaking of benefits: We have great benefits. Individual, couple and singles health plans. You want a high deductible with an HSA? Or maybe a low deductible with an FSAs. Assurant offers dental and prescription benefits, paid long-term and short-term disability, and employee, spouse and child life insurance. We put money in your HSA for you each year, and will add more when you complete health questionnaires and online programs. We offer a dollar-for-dollar 401(k) match on pre-tax employee contributions up to 6% of eligible pay and 10% discount on Assurant stock purchases.
We also have a bonus program, school reimburse plan and paid training at conferences and the like. You get the point, there's lots of benefits.
So what are you waiting for? If you like working in a challenging, fun environment with a great team of professionals, who treat you like one, come on board.
We need you to have
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university plus 5-7 or more years’ experience; Strong technical skills, positive attitude and flexibility with displayed enthusiasm for self-initiated professional growth.
- Hands-On experience developing and consuming web services(SOAP/REST)
- Hands-on experienceworking with SQL Server 2012/2014
- Experienced with pattern-driven and object oriented design and implementation
- Experienced working withAgileScrum methodology and Team Foundation Server
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Documentation skills to translate requirements into specifications for program objects, functions and systems.
- Estimation skills for cost, effort and duration of product deliverables of high complexity
- Analysis skills for technical problems and solutions of high risk
- Advanced programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the mainframe and/or distributed environments
- Requires the skills to train, mentor and share knowledge in both individual and group settings
- Can demonstrate team working skills bridging design, presentation and core technical skills
- Understanding of security standards and current knowledge of privacy by design