HID Global powers the trusted identities of the world’s people, places and things. We make it possible for people to transact safely, work productively and travel freely. Our trusted identity solutions give people secure and convenient access to physical and digital places and connect things that can be accurately identified, verified and tracked digitally. Millions of people around the world use HID products and services to navigate their everyday lives, and over 2 billion things are connected through HID technology. We work with governments, educational institutions, hospitals, financial institutions, industrial businesses and some of the most innovative companies on the planet. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, HID Global has over 3,000 employees worldwide and operates international offices that support more than 100 countries. HID Global® is an ASSA ABLOY Group brand.
Lumidigm, part of HID Global, is looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to join a tightly integrated biometric technology product-based organization developing global biometric authentication solutions for government, banking and healthcare sectors.
The role of the Sr. Software Engineer will be to help architect, design, and develop software development kits, applications, documentation and installation packages, and design and manufacturing verification test suites. Thequalified candidate will provide team leadership and expert technical knowledge for various product portfolios, manufacturing, innovation projects, customer education, and management support functions.
The Software Development team is looking for a self-starting, high performing, well rounded candidate withpersonal initiative and drive to excel in a dynamic, cross-functional team environment.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Participate in the product innovation and development process
- Quickly develop proof-of-concepts and early prototypes
- Design, Development, and Implement Commercial Grade Software Packages
- Small Team leader
- Work in a collaborative Visual Development Environment using Agile Methodology
- Work with Pre-Sales, Product Managers, Operations and Technology Teams
Required Knowledge / Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Therequirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A minimum of 8+ years professional experience designing and developing modern commercial software systems
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Related Field
- Advanced degree desirable
- Expert Language Knowledge C/C++, multithreaded architectures, driver level experience a plus.
- OS Knowledge Windows, Linux, and Android OS Mobile
- Data Definition Languages such as XML, ASM.1, JSON
- Experience with Source Code Control Systems, Automated Build Processes, Bug Tracking, Automated unit testing environments
- Biometrics and Image/Signal Processing a plus
- Applied Cryptography Techniques a strong plus
- Agile/Scrum/Lean a plus
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to read/interpret technical journals, specifications, technical standards, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Familiar with operating systems, such as Windows, Linux, Android etc.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employee works primarily in an office environment, within a well-ventilated area, and is exposed to moderate noise levels.
- Compliance to all relevant HID Global policies and procedures related to Quality, Security, Safety, Business Continuity, and Environmental systems.
- Travel and fieldwork including international travel, therefore employee must possess or can acquire a valid passport.
- (If applicable) Must be legally eligible to work the country you are hired.
HID Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran