We are looking for a Lead designer, responsible for the design, development and implementation of high-speed data-plane software components and microservices integrated in public and private cloud architecture. Manages assigned projects and work flow of engineers, serves as mentor to junior staff members. Participates on cross-functional design projects, serving as organizational spokesperson on advanced projects/programs. Often knowledge is self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist. You will build formal technology proposals and get appropriate consensus to productize it.
- Working closely with peers to design & code robust scalable, networking software components and microservices that integrates with both public and private cloud infrastructure.
- Applyarchitecture and design principals consistently and holistically to enable target end-to-end usage scenarios
- Optimized internally for extensibility and enabling development teams to operate quickly
- Work with SCRUM teams and Product Management to refine requirements, understand how we will meet the broader properties of the system and help design efficient, flexible, highly scalable and extensible services
- Drive critical component design decisions across working teams
- Analyze criteria and options and collect necessary data to answer key questions
- Meet with key partners, internal teams and 3rd party partners in joint design and development efforts while being able to articulate roadmap and product architecture.
- Extensive knowledge and development expertise with a broad set of ADC component technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with network and web technologiespreferred such as (e.g. IP, TCP, HTTP, SSL).
- Development knowledge with one of Apache, Nginx, HAProxy is a plus.
- Working knowledge of development & deployment across multiple cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, VMWare and OpenStack
- Knowledge or experience with Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS, Kubernetes, Mesos and/or Swarm
- Good knowledge of microservices architecture & large scale API design and development
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a dynamic strong environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communications.
- Act as a mentor for junior members of the team.
- Recommends and maintains technical design methodologies, processes and standards
- Participates on cross functional design teams to develop expertise in other modules/systems
- Engages with Product Management to drive detailed product requirements
- 8years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 6 years with a Master’s degree; 3 years with a PhD or equivalent experience.
- Coding experience in languages such as C/C++
- Golang is plus.
- Knowledge of OSI Layer-1 to 7 including LANswitches, routers, general TCP/IP and associated protocols preferred.
- Excellent organizational agility and interpersonal skills throughout the organization.