Do you want to work on solutions that thousands of companies rely on every day? Do you want to be a part of a team that blends C++ and Java in a service bus and translator?
OpenText Business Network is the global leader in B2B integration. We boost the competitiveness of businesses worldwide by connecting them with their business partners seamlessly, through the world’s largest and most scalable information network. We create frictionless interaction between companies—from the cloud to the client—through a secure, reliable, and data-rich platform.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is enthusiastic
- We are looking for someone who considers development to be craft and who is passionate about their craft.
- Is a great communicator. Our team operates in many countries throughout the world, and our communication is our bond.
The position requires an experienced software developer that will be part of an awesome development team and be responsible for performing the following development tasks:
- trouble shoot and understand complex components and the interaction between them for distributed and monolith processes located internally and at customer sites
- ability to effectively interact and collaborate with multiple, cross functional teams – devops/ops, qa, security, documentation, support, professional services
- Generate designs and vision, and transform them into code
- produce accurate work estimates
- perform development and maintenance on software
- review code for security, performance, and maintainability
- join the support team on calls with customers, and, occasionally, leading customer support engagements
- responding to and prioritizing customer support issues
- guide and mentor other developers on your team
Ideally, the successful candidate for this position is an effective communicator with experience and knowledge in building and maintaining commercial grade C++ and Microsoft Foundation Class server and desktop applications.
All of the following are assets:
- Five or more years of experience in software architecture, design, and development in Microsoft C++ with Microsoft Foundation Class (MFC), Java, and SQL Server/MySQL/Derby.
- Experience with SQL, Java Script, Angular, Bootstrap, CSS, JMS, Windows/Linux, CI/CD build systems, Git and GitLab, socket i/o, development frameworks, REST, SOAP, secure programming
- Experience in service/server development using Java and C++.
- Ability to lead yourself and a small group of individuals to a goal
- Experience with Agile
- Some experience with EDI or a willingness to learn EDI
- Proven skills to handle progressively complex software design/development.
- Demonstrated critical thinking. For example, consistently finding root cause of customer issues and delivers high quality feedback during design reviews and other meetings
- Ability to acquire new skills in the use of software development tools and methodologies and effectively put the new skills into practice
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving environment