Contribute to the design and development of software for mobile applications under a disciplined product development process that meets FDA and other regulatory agencies requirements. Work on software design, coding, and validating software. Support verification and validation testing, unit testing, and ensuring that all product development conforms to design specifications and coding standards for medical devices. Exercise judgment in coding following the software designs and conducting investigation activities following defined methods. Develop productive internal/external working relationships.
- Design and implement software in current programming languages primarily C# or any other higher level programming languages
- Assist in the preparation of software design specifications for implementation of software designs per Abbott design development process.
- Assist in the evaluation of selected designs through testing and full documentation of the results.
- Work on problems of moderate to complex scope where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Implement high quality, secure and robust mobile applications with optimal performance suitable for mobile applications.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics),advanced degree preferred
- Typically a minimum of 6 plus years of progressively more responsible work experience in a range of software engineering disciplines using a variety of programming methods
- More than 4 years of experience in mobile application software development (combination of programming-heavy coursework, school projects, freelance work and professional experience)
- 2+ years of experience in C# programming language and .Net framework based application development
- Good understanding of object-oriented programming, design patterns and SDLC
- Familiarity with cyber security concepts is a plus