Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
Nutrien Ag Solutions Champaign Campus is seeking an experienced software engineer to build world-class software and tools formed around the convergence of agricultural science with computer science. You will confront broad-ranging intellectual challenges while working with a multidisciplinary team of highly skilled professionals in a fast-paced environment. Expand your abilities and push your limits as you make intuitive high-level decisions and implement high-quality solutions for the most advanced agricultural predictive analytics system on the planet.
Nutrien Ag Solutions Champaign Campus is an agricultural analytics business on the leading edge of dynamic soil modeling, crop growth modeling, and weather prediction technology working with the Nutrien Digital group. We are growers, agronomists, scientists, and developers who build world-class software in the heart of the heartland. We are located in Champaign, Illinois, where it's only a few steps from the farm gate to our office doors.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team to determine requirements for new software products or feature upgrades to existing software products
- Transfer prototypes into production software with attention to system integration, feasibility, and functional soundness
- Develop test scenarios to ensure software meets all functional requirements as well as requirements for quality, security, portability, extensibility, etc.
- Design and develop database systems, optimize database systems for performance and reliability, and perform database maintenance and troubleshooting
- Approve final product before deployment and manage the release process
- Successfully communicate implementation decisions, trade offs, and testing results to the development team and product owners
- Maintain historical records by documenting program implementation and revisions
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to other developers and engineers
What you will bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field, with at least 6 years of work experience and 3 years of Software Engineer experience required.
- Proven experience as a software engineer implementing, testing, deploying, and maintaining software written in Python
- Proven experience designing, deploying, and maintaining SQL databases
- Experience with software deployment including source control, testing, and continuous integration tools
- Experience with cloud computing solutions, specifically Amazon Web Services
- Excellent knowledge of software and application design and architecture
- Excellent knowledge of application program interface design for extensibility, portability, and scalability
- Excellent knowledge of object oriented programming
- Excellent knowledge of software quality assurance principles
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation abilities
- Experience with design and development of data processing pipelines
- Experience with MapReduce and other Big Data programming models