Senior Manager Software Development
Location: Financial district -Toronto Canada
Status: Full time permanent career opportunity
Purpose of Job:
Start your new year with a new career, this is a great opportunity if you are in a Manager role and looking for broader horizons and learning new technologies. Interviews are immediate for this role with a Canadian bank!
As The Senior Development Manager you are required to manage a team of IT professionals to provide technology guidance, project delivery, vendor management and production support for Risk based applications. You will have about 10 years of progressive IT experience,
preferable to the financial industry, the ability to manage a team of technology focused staff and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently. RISK background will be an asset.
You should also have a strong Technical Support background. To lead the team, you must thrive on challenge,
be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn while managing multiple projects at any given time. You must have a complete view of the SDLC.
You must be able to work face to face with clients, solving their immediate issues under tight timelines while having an eye for the future direction of the bank.
Key Job Accountabilities: Reporting to the Director, you will be responsible for:
Manage the team (Direct and indirect reports) in areas of project scheduling, technical direction,
future planning and standard development practices. ( 5 – 10 employees)
· Ensure proper support procedures and processes are in place to support the various existing
· Negotiate IT project requirements such as scope, schedule, cost, resources, integration, change, quality
· Manage communication with all area of the enterprise that impact scope, schedule, budget,
risk & resources
· Build strong working relationship with peers within business lines and partner
· Participate in budgeting processes for department
· Establish and champion quality improvement activities for the department
· Accountable for managing assigned project and department budgets
· Participate in vendor product assessment and selection
· Meeting scheduled milestones to ensure project objectives are met in a timely manner and are in
compliance with the IT technology Roadmap as well as other Bank’s standards and/or
external regulatory standards such as SOX
· Manage the department and project recruitment, retention and staff performance.
· You will be guided by Bank policy and receives general direction from the Director or VP.
· Function independently to ensure that the assigned tasks and project objectives are met.
Skills, Experiences and Functional Competencies:
**Exceptional written and oral communication skills
· Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects
· Strong understanding of Agile concepts and practices, Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
· Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders
· Strong vendor management skills, experience in negotiating contractual terms and managing
offshore development teams.
· Disciplined in development methodology and familiar with software development technologies
· Excellent problem solving skills have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions
and ability to convey these ideas.
· Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.