Sr. Software Development Manager
We are looking for ????Sr. Software Development Manager for our client in Beverly, MA
Job Title: ????Sr. Software Development Manager
Job Location: Beverly, MA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to development activities across a span of functional areas.
- Contributions may be made in GUI/OI, Database, supervisory middleware layers/services (such as material scheduling, recipe management, user management, logging, alarms, factory automation), or equipment control layers (drivers, vacuum, temperature, RF/Microwave power, gas flow, wafer handling, interlocks, pumps/gauges/valves, beamline, tuning/optimization).
- Machine control experience is a must.
- Contribute to the primary product development work assignments using strong technical skills with Microsoft technologies (most notably C/C++/C# in Visual Studio) in a .NET environment. Use of defensive-programming practices in a multi-threaded environment is key. Experience with RTOS is a must.
- Utilizing Code Management Systems and Change Tracking Systems for maintaining evidence of formal development processes and techniques and build reproduction assurance.
- Translate requirements for generating internal design documentation to support efficient and effective use of .NET methodologies
- Interface with marketing and internal/external customers for requirement generation.
- In a managerial capacity, interface with mechanical, electrical, system and other software engineers for requirements and design definition. Provide SW Support for internal R&D prototype testing. Work with product support to investigate and resolve field reported issues on released products.
- Work with the SQA group in preparing review and test plan material and hold well (with extra work time if necessary) to the schedules they create.
- Provide leadership, coaching and managerial processes that utilize Client's values, attributes and behaviors to drive and develop optimal performance of the team and each individual team member. Utilize clear job descriptions and employee performance planning and evaluation to foster continuous improvement. In conjunction with Human Resources, responsible for the hiring, performance improvement, and termination of employees.
Education and Experience:
- An MS in Electrical Engineering or Physics or Computer Science from an accredited college/university.
- 10+ years of work experience in industrial controls or machine automation.
- Semiconductor or Photovoltaic Industry experience is desired.
- Must have demonstrated experience in leading a team of software engineers in the development of highly complex equipment.
- Engineering management or MBA degree is desirable.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in designing effective, efficient interfaces for distributed applications is required.
- Proficient with Semiconductor Equipment machines with control systems, wafer handling, factory automation and processing theory.
- Knowledge of SEMI standards a plus
- Primary technologies include Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2005/2008, C++, C#, HTML, XML file configuration, and real-time control through WindRiver products (WorkBench, Tornado, VxWorks), SQL, Oracle and CORBA for cross-platform communications.
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to initiate reviews on design & implementation of work, recording and implementing feedback.
- Ability to travel to suppliers or customers (both domestically and internationally). Amount of travel is expected to be ~5%