Plans, executes and completes the analysis of IT Quality related issues along the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and deliverables. Design and develops test automation frameworks, and advocates for quality code and best practices. Provides assistance in identifying, evaluating and monitoring processes, systems, and procedures to meet IT Quality requirements. This position will work closely with Leadership, Principal Architects and Development team members to build out and execute the testing strategy and plan for the Master Data Management (MDM) Strategy for Product Catalog information, exposing capabilities to other enterprise systems via APIs and Microservices.
Enterprise Core Competencies
Requires competency in customer focus, change & innovation, strategic thinking, relationship building & influencing, talent management, results focus and inspirational leadership.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
- Design and develop test automation strategies; contribute to robust and reliable automation solutions.
- Black box and white box testing.
- Identify/develop new automation tools/approaches that will increase quality, development velocity, and decrease testing cost
- Develop test plans and maintain them regularly, working with product owners, system analysts, developers, and external vendors.
- Hands-on test planning, test development, test execution and defect submission
- Identify end-to-end scenarios that exercise operational and business work flows and automate
- Generate automated and manual professional test results, metrics and status reports, as well as data required for release readiness
- Exceptional debugging skills and ability to identify root cause of a test failure
- Setup, configure, and maintain software test labs and test environments
- Run manual tests for scenarios that cannot be automated
- Play a leading role in managing release readiness and success criteria based on business requirements.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and remove obstacles.
- Guide the completion of root cause analysis to ensure issues do not recur.
- Manage and provide oversight for deployment of releases into production environments.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
- BS or equivalent and 7+ years of work experience in computer sciences or related field, or equivalent combination.
- 5+ years in a QA Automation or Software development role, working on databases and applications.
- 3+ years working in an Agile environment.
- Proficient in Java and object-oriented coding, testing, deployment, documentation and best practices in software and test engineering.
- Deep technical knowledge of automated testing, testing patterns, test optimization, application design, build execution and maintenance.
- Deep technical knowledge of testing tools and frameworks used in test automation including but not limited to the following: Junit (or similar), Selenium or other UI automation frameworks, Test Mocking and Stubbing frameworks, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Rally (or Jira), and BDD testing (Cucumber, SpecFlow)
- Preferred skills in environment/deployment automation, including cloud tools (AWS) and Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Docker, Puppet, Artifactory and Splunk.
- Experience providing leadership and mentoring for other SDETs and influencing development partners to use best practices.
- 1 year minimum experience in wireless telecommunications industry preferred.
- Solid understanding of both relational databases and non-relational (document-based) datastores
- Experience with REST APIs and Microservices testing and development.
- Experience with COTS product testing.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies and quality engineering practices
- Excellent communication and cross-group collaboration skills
- Quick learner, proactive, and passionate about quality and testing!