StreamPlanet is looking for a C++ expert with strong technical leadership skills and MPEG domain expertise. We are a small, stable, and rapidly growing company in the heart of Seattle, WA, delivering live, adaptive-bitrate (ABR) video transcoding solutions for some of the world’s largest media companies. Customer technology adoption and industry demand are at an all-time high, making this is an exciting career opportunity in a growth market.
We're hiring adaptable, curious problem-solvers with strong analytical skills, creativity, and inter-personal collaboration acumen. Our engineers proactively identify "green-field" opportunities and then drive solutions. We reward ownership, technical excellence, and teamwork within our flat team structure. Our engineers lead, and each of us learn and grow together. If this opportunity resonates with you, we're eager to speak with you about roles in our customer-obsessed, data-driven development culture.
iStreamPlanet delivers high-quality, live sporting events for cable “cord-cutters” along with hundreds of traditional 24x7 TV channels for national broadcast networks. If you've viewed any of the past several Olympics, Super Bowls, English Premiere League soccer matches, NASCAR races, PGA tournaments, BlizzCon, Turner eLeague, or other large-scale live internet streaming events, you’ve experienced iStreamPlanet's products. We pioneer technology people can directly relate to, and all of our engineers make a big impact.
What You Will Do and Learn:
- Create new features end-to-end across an entire product, from inception to design to implementation to delivery to the customer, all within your first 90 days.
- Directly contribute to our core real-time multimedia transcoding pipeline, working with decoders, multimedia in the uncompressed domain, and encoders.
- Lead major product architectural decisions for highly available, low latency, distributed systems.
- Mentor other engineers and perpetuate a constructive, sustainable, and healthy team environment, where learning, calculated risk-taking, and experimentation are not just encouraged, they are expected.
- Help us select and integrate Open Source solutions and programming languages.
- Apply expert skills in programming languages such as C++, Java and Go. Build expertise on the job.
Skills & Requirements:
- BS degree in a Computer Science or equivalent.
- 7+ years of commercial development experience.
- Strong experience with C/C++ and MPEG multimedia technology
- Demonstrate and provide technical leadership. This includes designing whole products from scratch, vetting design and architecture, modernizing legacy software systems, responding to customer requirements, and ensuring business needs are met.
- Experience with Open Source solutions on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate recurring and/or routine tasks.
- Passion for dev-ops, continuous improvement, nurturing a sustainable post-mortem culture, and commitment to driving down live-site overhead using a systematic problem-solving mindset, strong collaboration skills, and an eagerness to take ownership and drive.
- Ability to obsess over customer needs and demonstrate customer empathy.
iStreamPlanet is building connected video services for the Internet age. We’re ambitious, agile, dynamic, and 100% customer focused. We’re also fun, appreciate good humor, and we want people who are passionate about their work. iStreamPlanet is an equal opportunity employer.