Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works, and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
This role reports to the Manager of Software Development in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Sr. Software Development Engineer your job will consist of the development, introduction, and application of software to respond to customer requirements and all aspects of the software development process. Plan, conduct, or coordinate a range of complex engineering activities encompassing one or more engineering disciplines. Conduct or coordinate complex analyses and develop recommendations based on sound engineering practices and business considerations. Serve as a consultant to management and customers regarding advanced technical studies, their potential application, and the resolution of complex problems. Proactively develop and implement measures to improve operations and customer satisfaction.
- Plan, conduct, coordinate, and make recommendations regarding varied analytical studies, such as evaluation of advanced engineering concepts, procedures, and processes.
- Analyze engineering and financial requirements of proposed programs, develop proposals, and coordinate associated activities up to and including product delivery, installation, and customer support.
- Serve as a technical consultant, advisor, and spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters and exert considerable influence regarding focus and direction of engineering activities.
- Design and develop complex models or simulations of systems and conduct independent studies and research encompassing sophisticated analytical techniques and novel and unconventional approaches.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-the-art technology and market trends affecting company products and services and recommend responsive actions.
- The complexity of Tasks: Requires in-depth knowledge of a specific engineering discipline plus a broad knowledge of multiple engineering fields to influence the direction of engineering efforts, coordinate engineering projects, adapt to changing technology, present proposals, and conceive and foster the introduction of new concepts and approaches.
- Technical recommendations and decisions may have a significant impact on the effectiveness and integrity of engineering efforts and affect future business and customer relations.
- Requires ability to negotiate and influence decisions of Company managers and customers.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferred in engineering or IT with 5 years of experience, credit for the master’s degree 2 years and PhD (Doctor of Philosophy) 4 years.
- Highly Preferred: Expertise in C /C++ and assembly language for microprocessors, DSPs and expertise in using SW debugging tools like emulators.
- Expertise and experience in the design of SW architecture, user interfaces, and documentation for embedded controllers, proficiency in software build tools, version control, and scripting languages.
- Proficiency in design and implementation of control algorithms suitable for power conversion circuits, active converters, or motor control.
- Proficiency in design and implementation of modern control theory principles (observers, estimators, filtering techniques, etc.).
- Knowledge of electronic devices like microprocessors, DSPs, memory devices, OPAMPs, A /D, and D /A converters.
- Knowledge of power circuit topologies and equipment using active power devices (IGBTs, diodes, and SCRs) and passive components (inductors, transformers, capacitors, etc.).
- Knowledge of utility interaction of power conversion equipment regarding power factor correction, harmonic mitigation, etc.