The Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for architecting, designing, developing, running, maintaining and documenting all types of test automation, including functional automation, performance testing, technical test automation and system administration duties. This person is responsible for technical leadership and leading of test automation strategy development with the Quality Assurance team.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop test automation, including functional, performance and technical.
- Run and troubleshoot test automation.
- Assist in the evaluation and maintenance of test processes, plans, designs and suites.
- Establish baseline goals for daily component level performance testing; stress testing, endurance testing, spike/peak testing and configuration testing.
- Serve as an escalation point for complex problem resolution.Responsible for developing, running, maintaining and documenting all types of test automation.
- Partner with internal resources in support of project and test methodologies.
- Conduct formal and informal training sessions with the QA team.
- Coordinate the design and implementation of test automation tools and technology improvements.
- Develop and implement thorough and scalable strategy for test automation, including plans, tools and analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture using (Web Services, WCF, SOAP and REST), and database design (MS-SQL, and Oracle) required.
- Exceptional test aptitude, customer focus and expertise in formal and informal testing techniques as well as quality reporting.
- Effective project management skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to influence and drive quality across the team and disciplines required.
- Full-time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work or educational experience required.
- Minimum five years of industry experience as SDET required, of which 2 plus years must be professional software development and test automation experience using C#/.Net framework/Visual studio Test tools (Performance and Load test).
- Experience with test automation and Quality Assurance methodologies, development processes and engineering excellence. Using C#/.Net and Visual studio platform required.
- Experience with defining a test strategy for a product/feature area/Security required.
- Experience with automated test tools including HP Load Runner is preferred.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.