Harmonic is the worldwide leader in video delivery solutions. We enable media companies and service providers to deliver ultra-high-quality streaming and broadcast services to consumers globally through innovative SaaS platforms and software-based appliances. We are changing the way media companies and service providers monetize live and on-demand content on every screen.
We are looking for Sr. Software Development Engineer to join our development team and participate in the conception and development of next generation flagship products, services and systems for Harmonic’s New Media initiative.
In this position, you will be collaborating with R&D teams across worldwide offices to develop cloud-based Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) solution, which monetizes live and video-on-demand content and delivers personalized advertising experience to millions of users around the world.
You will be based in our new R&D Center in Burnaby BC Canada.
You must have the right to work in Canada.
What you will be doing:
- Design and implement robust and scalable software-based products and solutions in agile development approach
- Work collaboratively to build innovative product with Harmonic’s comprehensive portfolio of video and media products, as well as Cloud base services in a fast-paced environment
- Write documentation for the purpose of sharing knowledge between teams
- Research new technologies, techniques and 3rd party frameworks
What you should have:
- Bachelor degree or above in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or related disciplines
- 5 years hands-on experience in software development
- Proficiency in one of the object-oriented languages such as Golang, Java, or C++.
- Familiar with containerized framework and applications such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Familiar with at least one of the public cloud platforms in AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding with networking protocols, such as TCP/IP and HTTP
- Knowledge in over-the-top streaming protocol such as HLS or Dash
- Experience in micro-service application development
- Knowledge in big data analytic and machine learning
Successful candidates may have the opportunity to:
- Partner with our innovative teams across the globe to create the next technology for video streaming
- Learn & gain real-world experience in:
- Complete software development lifecycle, including AGILE practices and development tools
- Scalable, highly available mission-critical distributed systems
- Development on all major public cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP) and private cloud platforms
- Over-the-top stream process such as HLS, DASH
- Media processing such as HEVC, H.264, MPEG2, MVC
- Application framework & control-path development
- Data management: SQL, NoSQL (e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB), BigData, data analytics
- Middleware: SOA, RESTful interfaces, etc.
At Harmonic, we believe that building and nurturing a global team with diverse backgrounds and voices is critical to our success. Together, we achieve excellence through creativity and innovation, build relationships based on integrity and mutual respect, and deliver the highest quality in every aspect of our business for the benefit of our employees, business partners and shareholders.