You have a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related equivalent experience. This isn't your first rodeo; you've worked at startups before and come highly recommended by your peers. You have a strong technical background with hands-on ability to dive into the code. Comfortable working the full stack, you have a solid understanding of the challenges involved in building highly available web and mobile apps that serve millions of users.
About the Role
The Senior Software Engineers will provide technical leadership to the Napster team. While helping to drive overall technical architecture this role will work to solve the toughest needs of the business. You have to think broadly when building systems, ensuring that the systems created are scalable, high performing and flexible enough to fit the needs of Napster's internal roadmap as well as the partnership opportunities of the future. Your experience is deep and broad and you have hands on code writing ability and are able to work towards achieving major system architectural goals.
- Master's degree or Bachelor's degree with equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience with Java, Spring, Mobile Development in either iOS or Android within successful production quality systems.
- 3+ years experience building large scale web service-based applications
- 3+ years experience developing RESTful APIs that speak JSON or XML
- Design and architecture experience, as well as sound knowledge with object-oriented design patterns, and data modeling
- Strong experience working with git or other code versioning tools
- Ability and willingness to multi task and learn new technologies quickly
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skill, including verbal, written, listening and customer relationships
- Proven ability to work across teams and organizations, delivering results through influence
Bonus points if you have experience with:
- Building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems.
- Designing and building customer facing personalization solutions.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies such as kanban and scrum
- Familiarity with music industry domain knowledge
As our new Senior Software Development Engineer, you'll be responsible for the development of major areas of functionality. You hold yourself to high standards and strive to bring out the best in others as you:
- Architect scalable solutions to challenging problems facing our service-oriented architecture
- Build new or modernize existing functionalities to enable our global presence
- Bring new functionality from conception to release
- Code review teammates' work and identify areas for improvement
- Exhibit strong problem analysis skills and experience designing solutions
- Join a team of talented, dedicated and brilliant engineers
- Optimize technical implementations by leveraging your background in performance tuning
- Take ownership of major areas of back-end functionality and support it in production
- Work with test engineers to identify and fix defects
What Sets Napster Apart:
We are very proud of the culture that we have built at Napster. Below is a snapshot of some of our benefits and perks, but what you will be most blown away by is the amazing talent you will get to work with here.
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance
- Free Napster Premium Account (with great music discovery advice from your peers)
- Downtown Seattle office with amazing views
- Centrally located near public transportation, ferries, bike parking, as well as subsidized commuting options.
- Highly collaborative, hardworking, open environment where you'll work alongside extremely creative and dedicated people.
- Generous PTO (and you are encouraged to use it!)
- 8 paid holidays
- In office snacks, soda and coffee
- Sponsored off-site events-Movies and baseball games to name a few
- In-house live music performances
- Lots of Company Sponsored events