Are you interested in building the next generation Supply Chain Management (SCM) systems that power the AWS cloud? Do you want to revolutionize the way we track the gear that forms the foundation of AWS? Do you want to have direct and immediate impact on millions of customers who use AWS every day?
The SCM Inventory team is responsible for building the warehouse management systems that enable control of our global inventory footprint for our hyper-growth cloud and automate the orchestration required to ensure physical and financial control of inventory. The team is responsible for billions of dollars in capital and the ultimate success of our core cloud business.
We are looking for experienced engineers who are excited about building industry leading, next generation SCM systems for the AWS cloud on the AWS cloud. You will be part of the team that architects, designs, and implements highly scalable distributed systems that provide availability, scalability and latency guarantees. This is a hands on position where you will be asked to do everything from building rock-solid software components to mentoring other engineers. You need to not only be a top software developer with a good track record of delivering, but also excel in communication, leadership and customer focus. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor and help shape the cloud WMS and SCM technology, product and business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise and ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
· 5+ year's overall development experience.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent - Masters in CS preferred.
· Advanced development skills in Java or C/C++, preferably on a Linux/Unix platform.
· Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, state machines and distributed systems.
· Supply Chain Management domain experience.
· Candidates with strong backgrounds in demand forecasting.
· Excellent leadership, verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
· Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role