Looking for a Senior Software Developer (Senior Technical Lead) with Mphasis eWam technical development experience and who is well skilled in design of business function, applications, information and infrastructure architectures, coding, testing, debugging and maintaining components of information applications.
- Leads the identification and definition of applications architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model, data/information flows and security design.
- Provides practical, expert knowledge of technical design alternatives and the implications of each approach, participating and many times leading phases of the software development cycle. Identifies business value and cost for business and IT partners.
- Delivers software engineering designs and programs for new and existing products (enhancements and new product development) that meets business needs. Keeps current on best practices in technology, and market place trends(including business competitors and technology vendors).
- Identifies data needs, including access, security, quality and maintenance requirements. Influences and clearly relates technical alternatives to business objectives, using effective communications with customers and stakeholders.
- Recommends design alternatives, considering benefits and limitations to users based on in-depth understanding of business needs; may code very complex or high risk components.
- Provides technical direction and coaching to software developers and associate software developers in application development activities. Adheres to all organizational and IT policies and process for software development and project management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience in using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) technologies.
- Experience in building applications using eWam technical framework.
- Experience in developing SOAP & Rest services using wInterface.
- Experience in eWAM’s Integration Activities.
- Experience in working on Batch Applications.
- Experience, working on solutions catering to Life Insurance lines of business (both individual and Group) and various products like Term Life, Whole Life, Universal, Disability, Critical Illness etc.
- Experience in working on various business administration capabilities (enrollment, underwriting, billing, Commissions, claims etc) of policy administration functions.
- Experience in working with Agile SCRUM Teams.
- Experience in working with Team Members (Onshore & Offshore).
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.