Sr. Software Developer
Works closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions. These solutions must be aligned with business and IT strategies and comply with the organization's architectural standards. Involved in the full systems life cycle and is responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Makes recommendations towards the development of new code or reuse of existing code. Responsibilities may also include participation in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Follows One Call SDLC Standards.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software applications.
- Maintains, tests and integrates application components.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Demonstrates an understanding of One Call systems and the workers compensation industry.
- Participates in Planning and analysis phase of SD projects.
- Analyzes requirements, and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles (i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development).
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors).
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources.
- Excellent problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas.
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- For roles located in office or home settings; this job is primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active; the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers, speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level is moderate.
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from, but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised the job description is subject to change at any time.
Sr. Software Developer
Advanced professional role. Highly-skilled with extensive proficiency. Develops large and/or complex solutions that require analysis and research. Works on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors more junior technical staff. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects. Wide latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires 6+ years of demonstrated applications development experience with at least one project as the application development technical lead on a "large" project.