$80K — $100K *
About the role
As a Sr. Software Developer, you will be helping to modernize processes and solutions, which will enable Symetra to transition to a more flexible, cloud focused approach. You will be a member of the Finance IT team working with other developers, analysts, architects, cloud enablement team and 3rd Party vendors to help build, maintain and deliver Enterprise technology solutions that align with Symetra’s future-state architectural direction.
What you will do
• Improve and optimize the supporting infrastructure of COTS applications by moving to AWS.
• Modernizing existing applications through service enablement.
• Transition batch driven functions to event driven architecture.
• Perform assessments with application owners to evaluate compatibility with cloud technologies.
• Build , test, and maintain streamlined CI/CD pipeline to deliver direct business benefits.
• Automate the analysis, validation, and correction of data using modern tooling.
• Mentor and coach application developers, interns and associates and act as a knowledgeable subject matter expert.
Who you are
• Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or discipline related to industry. Work experience may be substituted for educational credentials.
• Minimum of 3 to 7 years of development experience required.
• Strong track record of meeting deadlines and delivering high quality results. Accountability and ownership of your work and actions. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively communicate with technical peers within IT.
• Work effectively with business and technical subject matter experts, other developers, systems analysts, quality assurance analysts, third party vendors and IT management. Ability to work collaboratively on multiple systems and platforms.
• A passion for delivering high quality software solutions along with excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Database experience using MSSQL/MySQL/NoSQL and DBaaS.
• Strong understanding of Agile Methodologies with an emphasis on the Scrum framework.
• Background in Investments or Financial business & systems a plus.
Valid through: 6/23/2021