Who you are:
You are relentless about quality, thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
You are a collaborative partner that builds and leverages cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices.
We are looking for a motivated engineer who brings strategic direction and drives for execution to ensure products are developed and launched with precision.
You’re a goal-oriented developer that keeps the customer and system requirements squarely in focus, to deliver safe and robust solutions.
You are a person that goes beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Stryker is looking for a goal-oriented Sr. Software Engineer that is experienced in the planning and designing of existing software applications used by EMTs, doctors, and nurses, with the user in mind and is dedicated to the development of software applications that help change patients’ lives. https://www.physio-control.com/Data-Solutions
What you’ll be doing:
- Analysis of system level customer requirements and translation of those requirements into verifiable software specifications Software estimation, based on specifications Participation in feature release planning, using estimates as a tool
- Coding of new features, including automated testing
- Ongoing maintenance of legacy code, using a pragmatic business approach
- Willingness to adapt in a responsive environment as customer and market needs change
- Collaboration with local and remote teams in both technical and business contexts
- Ability to work well with teams, building strong collaborative relationships
- Documentation of requirements, architecture design, code, and tests
- Ensure code testability for both manual QA teams, as well as automated testing
- Desire to collaborate and mentor fellow team members ranging from pair programming, design meetings and code reviews
- Demonstrate awareness of new and emerging technologies for mobile platforms, communication systems, and internet technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5 years of web development experience
You may know these things too:
- Experience using web technologies for cross-browser mobile web development
- Familiarity with modern web development tools and libraries such as React, Sass, Babel, Prettier
- Experience with server technologies such as Java or C#, Node, SQL
- Broad experience with development methodologies such as Agile, Lean, Waterfall, and awareness of the pros/cons of each, and what contexts suit each
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members, awareness of need for technical vs business discussion in various contexts
Work From Home: NoTravel Percentage: None