The Senior Software Developer (SSD) is responsible for the delivery of solutions that result in a remarkable experience for BECU members within a highly collaborative agile software development environment including but not limited to CI/CD and Application DevOps. Collaboration is within the team and across teams including working directly with business partners. The SSD is a catalyst in driving innovation solutions through technical design, allowing BECU to differentiate itself in the market which requires a modern thought leader, experience driving a development team and a passion for rapidly producing high quality results. The SSD also acts as a mentor to less experienced Software Developers.
Our target candidates are innovative development leaders who have a background developing for new initiatives, taking ownership in the work that you are building, an agile mindset, experience with cloud development, and a passion for coaching others and learning from those around them.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies and Information Protection requirements.
- Design and develop market leading solutions by combining technical expertise with a solid understanding of strategic business drivers to solve complex technology challenges.
- Use technical expertise combined with business acumen to envision what’s possible in solving strategic business challenges using technology to differentiate BECU in the market.
- Work directly with business unit managers to build prototypes/solutions.
- Visualizes, articulates and conceptualizes solutions that are consistently recognized as leading the industry within the scope of their team’s accountabilities.
- Provides thought leadership to drive innovation within their team’s accountabilities.
- Responsible for complex system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation.
- Mentors less experienced team members and facilitates information sharing to support continuous learning within the team.
- Consistently finds and delivers new ways to develop and improve processes and technology.
- Internal champion of overall code quality, code reuse and code extensibility.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline, or equivalent work or education-related experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of Software Development experience required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Secure Development best practices required.
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies and new applications of existing technologies, through work or continuing industry or education involvement required.
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required.
- Experienced with full stack of development skills; including UI, web and middle tier services, and DBMS software development required.
- Proven ability to learn and to deliver solutions in multiple programming languages and technical environments required.
- Strong knowledge of secure coding standards and best practices required.
- Up to date knowledge of design and development tools required.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies required.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery required.
- Experience in Test Driven Development concepts, methods and tools required.
- Experience with automating standard IT functions like builds and deployments required.
- Experience with source control models and processes required.
- Experience with performance tuning is preferred.
- Design and creation of relational database schemas and SQL queries preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient verbal and written skills to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary.
- Occasional travel required.
BECU is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.