Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Sr. Software Developer will both lead and participate in the definition, design and implementation of web-based enterprise systems, including complex database systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Define, design and build varied components of web-based and/or mobile applications. Developer should be functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems. The main areas of responsibility include:
- Work on a team of skilleddevelopers to enhance, support, and maintain a sophisticated and successful web application with a backend containing billions of records
- Contribute to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, ingestion/persistence of large amounts of data, and efficient retrieval from the database
- Solve complex problems that are both challenging and fun!
- Lead individual projects and potentially small teams
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests
- This position has NO official supervisory responsibilities.
- This position may be called upon to lead small technical teams, and serve as a lead systems architect for individual projects.
- This position will report to Software Development Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree and 6 to 10 years software development experience
- At least 5 years experience developing .NET/C# web applications
- At least 5 years experience with relational databases (SQL Server preferred)
- Desire/drive to lead new projects
- Strong analytical skills – be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms
- Strong familiarity of design patterns
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English)
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus
- NoSQL/Big Dataexperience and interest a big plus
- Familiarity with being able to queue, process, and persist large amounts of data efficiently
- Exposure to Azure/AWS
- Passionate about UI/UX
- Expertise with responsive design
- Experience working within Scrum methodology
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes such as source control (e.g., TFS, Git), build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes (e.g. Node, Meteor, Rails)
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Planning/Organizing- Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.