Stop looking for a "job" and find a fun and exciting career with an excellent team where you can be challenged as well as enjoy the perfect work-life balance. This is not an IT shop - this is an established high quality, high performing, award winning software engineering team. Find out why so many choose to continue their career at Follett!
The Senior Software Developer develops software and software updates for release to Follett's customers.
In this role you will also analyze systems and perform usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability and meet security requirements.
- Review and analyze current systems and process to determine requirements.
- Develop detailed systems documentation including functional specifications, design requirements, templat4es, layout, navigation, diagrams, maps, etc.
- Provide analysis and design reviews to solve conceptual problems and avoid duplication of efforts of same errors with different applications.
- 5 or more years software development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Demonstrated success in building high-performance Java systems, performance tuning, and stress and load testing. Familiar with J2EE Servlet/JSP, MVC pattern, ORM technologies, RESTful web services.
- Experience with at least one of the following SQL databases: MySQL, SQLServer, Oracle.
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills.
- Experience with automated testing frameworks such as JUnit, HTTPUnit, Selenium, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, energy and passion for software development, outgoing personality, ability to work in a team environment.