Sr Software Developer –Air Traffic Control Eagan MN
This is a senior software engineering position with Leidos' Civil Transportation Solutions Engineering business unit. Specifically you will responsible for developing and maintaining software for the Federal Aviation Administration’s En-Route Automation Modernization (ERAM) technology, which is the heart of the Next Generation Air Transportation System and the pulse of the National Airspace System operations (NAS). The software engineer hired for this position is expected to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity, and may function in a leadership role. The environment is object oriented (primarily C++/Java), or C language on a UNIX/Linux platform. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. The En Route Display Management (EDSM) product team is home to the following areas: Radar Position Displays, D-position Views, A-Position Support, Specialist Displays, Commands, Data Synchronization and Settings, Flight Strip Printing and Toolbar Management. EDSM provides Air Traffic Controllers with a real-time display which provides a graphical view of the current air traffic situation, including aircraft position (targets), flight information (data blocks), strobes, radar weather, Next-Generation Weather Radar (NEXRAD), geographical maps and other information. Commands to modify any of the information presented are also supported, subject to eligibility requirements. All commands are checked for syntax errors; valid commands are either processed by EDSM or forwarded to other product teams for evaluation. Leidos is a global leader in the integration and application of information, technology and systems working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the civil, health, defense, intelligence and homeland security markets. The company's 33,000 diverse employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers in 30 countries.
• In this position, you will work with a team of software developers, system integrators or system engineers supporting a number of Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) programs. Specific responsibilities include:
• Strong leadership, communication and team management skills.
• Developing and maintaining FAA air traffic control software (primarily C, C++/Java) on a UNIX/Linux platform. Strong communication skills.
• Experience in following a documented Software Development Process
• Troubleshooting technical issues
• Experience using version control tools such as Git, Subversion or CVS
• Experience in the use of UNIX and Linux operating systems.
• Typically requires BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.