You're not like everyone else.
You bring a unique perspective to the table. Transparency tops your list of values. Your smarts and creativity are off the charts, matched only by your humility. You want to collaborate with a team of diverse talent. You proactively contribute to a culture of respect and inclusion.
You enjoy a challenge.
Inquisitive and focused, you see every challenge as an opportunity. You're ambitious and unafraid to make mistakes because you learn from them and bounce back quickly. You don't stop until you get it right. "Impossible" isn't in your vocabulary. You're more interested in creating the future than waiting for it.
You love to listen.
You start every interaction from a place of listening and seeking to understand. You're culturally connected. You remember your first concert. You can readily recommend a binge-worthy show on Netflix, Hulu or HBO. You can't sit in traffic without a great audiobook, podcast or album. You can make a killer playlist. Your idea of a good weekend includes watching a movie or playing a video game.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with other members of the software scrum team and contribute to deliver features that are implemented, tested, and documented within each Sprint.
- Engineer new automated tests using existing Java and Python frameworks, execute manual and automation testing.
- Maintain test framework for Sonos Content API, CloudQueue, Manifests, Reliability.
- Extend the automation framework where necessary or design/develop new framework.
- Drive planning and execution of system level testing, end to end testing of products across all platforms to test various features and edge test cases.
- Perform reviews for promoting new code through our deployment pipeline.
- Constantly perform gap analyses of existing test automation. When writing new tests ensure that all tests provide good coverage while being as lean as possible.
- Investigate, log and triage bugs to determine root cause and establish prioritization.
- Demonstrate understanding on monitoring, quality metrics and analytics reports.
- Monitor, debug and fix breakages in the unattended automation that runs in our Continuous Integration environment.
- Mentor junior members of team to expand their knowledge to growth their development & testing technical competencies.
Skills You’ll Need
- BS/BA in Computer Science or related experience.
- At least 5 years of test development, test automation, firmware development for embedded systems, desktop apps and mobile devices.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills focused around testing microservices, queues, embedded / mobile software in general.
- Demonstrate expertise with:
- RESTful API and XML/SOAP testing
- Building automated test frameworks
- Jenkins or other CI/CD build process
- AWS Cloud, Ansible is preferable also
- Experience with any debugging mechanisms for white box testing.
- Ability to derive test cases working with cross-functional development teams.
- Knowledge of Linux system in user space.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Thrive in a fast paced, agile environment.