We are currently seeking a Sr Software Developer to join our team. As a Sr Software Developer, you will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications.
Strategy and Planning
- Lead pre-testing phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
Management and Execution
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Manage the development and deployment of new applications, systems software and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the enterprise.
- Ensure that any new software integration meets functional requirements, system compliance and interface specifications.
- Collaborate with analysts, designers and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Manage and provide direction for the application development team in support of business operations.
- Identify and resolve program errors.
- Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams.
- Design, develop and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
- Liaise with network administrators and software engineers to assist with quality assurance, program logic and data processing.
- Cultivate, disseminate and enforce functional policies, procedures and quality assurance best practices.
- May need to prepare, establish and monitor budgets.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Advanced programming knowledge of web-based technologies such as Microsoft MOSS/Sharepoint, Visual Studio, .Net, ASP.NET, SQLserver, and C# are required.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Ability to work efficiently, in an organized manner and with attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively regarding technical matters, both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field required.
- 10 plus years’ work experience or an equivalent in education and experience required.
- Experience in full life cycle web development: analysis, design, development, debug, implementation and support using Microsoft technologies required.
- Experience working with enterprise applications, integrated development environments, operating systems, databases and software troubleshooting required.
- Microsoft Certified Professional preferred.