The Senior Software Developer will be responsible for the technical enhancements and new features for Heartland’s custom developed Merchant Servicing Systems, enhancing and supporting them as necessary to meet business goals.
You will be a member of our Jeffersonville software development team. This team has technical ownership of all Merchant Servicing Systems.
You will work on the full life-cycle software development of both our web based application as well as our non -web applications.
You will gather requirements, design high quality software solutions, skillfully leverage software patterns, implement code and unit tests with other developers, participate in peer review, test, release to the live environment, and maintain the application, all using an agile and iterative methodology in a collaborative environment.
- A thorough understanding of Object Oriented analysis and design, and patterns
- Fluent and live production experience with C#/ASPX and VS.NET/ASPX
- Microsoft .Net 4.0+ experience
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 T-SQL
- Experience with SOA
- SCRUM Experience
- Behavioral Driven Development
- Project management experience, ability to work directly with internal customers/project owners
- Strong communication skills
- Web, e-mail, and Internet savvy
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as individually
- Data Modeling
- Make every effort to not only meet but also preempt customer needs
- Bachelor degree in IT is highly desirable.
- Minimum 3 years in the IT industry.
- Meticulously detail oriented
- Sense of craftsmanship
- Ability to manage a project
- Motivated self-starter
- Uncompromising honesty
- Approachable and willing to offer helpful solutions
- Ability to search relentlessly for better solutions
- Must handle constructive feedback well