* Expert level support to Lines of Business on Horton Works Native Stack Components
* Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and performs program coding and testing.
* Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Performs a variety of tasks. A degree of creativity and latitude is required. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
* Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers.
* Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes.
* Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java/Spring Batch/Hadoop distributed systems by
* Loading and processing from disparate data sets using appropriate technologies including but not limited to, Hive, Pig, MapReduce, HBase, Spark, Storm and Kafka.
Required Skills :
* Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Horton Works Distribution of Hadoop
* Java experience. Python experience
* Strong communication skills.
* Experience with Hbase, kafka, Ambari, NIFI and Spark.
* Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL – Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
* Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
* Familiarity in Dev/Ops
* Understanding of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Kafka, and HDF.
* Some UI Development
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Manages the strategic plans and tactical activities for assigned information systems and business unit systems projects. Acts as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies leveraging technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives. Responsibilities include performing complex analysis, expert level design, configuration and programming functions for impactful and visible projects. Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems, defects, and incidents. Contributes to staffing and project plan estimations in collaboration with the project manager and other key stakeholders.
Assesses the technical viability of projects and objectives. Acts as a technology advocate and independently seeks opportunities where technology can be utilized to improve the business. Builds, maintains, and utilizes partnerships across the enterprise ensuring the best use of resources. Provides technical leadership, fosters a team environment, and provides mentorship and feedback to technical resources. Manages the effective use of line of business resources to implement ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives, and/or problem resolution. Applies knowledge of current industry trends and techniques to formulate solutions within the context of assigned projects. Ensures project team’s work complies with Travelers standards, processes, and protocols. Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of programming/development experience required.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within Horton Works Distribution of Hadoop
- Java experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience with Hbase, kafka, Ambari, NIFI and Spark.
- Expert in HIVE SQL and ANSI SQL – Great hands on in Data Analysis using SQL.
- Ability to write simple to complicated SQL in addition to having ability to comprehend and support data questions/analysis using already written existing complicated queries
- Familiarity in Dev/Ops
- Understanding of Big Data concepts and common components including YARN, Queues, Hive, Kafka, and HDF.
- Some UI Development
- Experience with Python
Job ID: 12133BR