The Sr. Software Configuration Specialist leads a project team responsible for delivering technical implementation tasks for customers, works without supervision, and will engage leadership as necessary. The Sr. Software Configuration Specialist is responsible for delivering successful outcomes for a customer and is a trusted advisor for the customer team. The Sr. Software Configuration Specialist is a Subject Matter Expert (SME), and is able to assist and advise other teams in understanding the functional impact of various implementation options.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads the designing of the software configuration to meet the business process design and application requirements.
- Serves as a contact for the Sales and Product Management and Client Delivery teams by providing pre-sales support, solution planning, product management expertise and customer support through knowledge of the product or product line.
- Leads the development of a configured application prototype and conducts a client walk-through to validate the configuration design and explore gap options.
- Serves as a leader on a team of developers, designers, and architects to make sure that the configuration and custom components meet application requirements and performance goals. Ensures the technical architect and project manager are informed of any issues that may affect any other areas of the project.
- Participates in code reviews and fixes any defects and performance problems discovered in testing and transitions the application components to the testers.
- Leads regular discussions with internal stakeholders
- Assumes project leadership responsibilities on teams, with the ability to work across multiple projects
- Facilitates customer meetings
- Serves as a trusted advisor of the customer
- Exercises independent decision for his/her project and team, and proactively identifies issues which require escalation.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, or higher education level, or foreign equivalent, preferably in area with analytic emphasis
- Minimum of 8 years’ professional experience, preferably in implementing software applications
- Experience with implementation of Duck Creek Platform
- Experience in implementing P&C Insurance software applications
- Experience in HTML, ASP, and XML preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Facilitation experience for conducting requirements gathering and stakeholder agreement meetings
- Familiar with Joint Application Design (JAD) session, prototyping, Conference Room Pilot (CRP), and similar approaches and principles
- Familiar with business process design concepts and principles.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills