StudioLabs is a full-service creative technology and digital production shop that operates without limits. No idea is too small to love, and no project is too big to be handled with detail-oriented care.
For over 18 years, StudioLabs has served direct clients and agencies, as well as funded startups and software shops. We understand the digital landscape; navigate it; and collaboratively release thoughtful, stellar work into the real world.
While they represent only the tip of the iceberg, StudioLabs’ clients include direct relationships like Sirius XM, Estee Lauder, and ESPN, as well as agencies like Momentum Worldwide, 360i, and Young & Rubicam, and SaaS companies like Zype and Symphony Commerce. At StudioLabs, we're building some pretty amazing SaaS platforms and enterprise web, mobile, and OTT applications, for some pretty amazing clients. To do this, we need bright, talented, driven people.
- We are looking for an experienced, hands-on senior software developer to join one of our SaaS platform development teams & lead back end architecture & development.
- Ideation, requirements gathering, prioritization, implementation, ongoing performance optimization, and feature enhancements.
- Surfacing tech gaps, aggregate tech and UI needs, defining features and end to end system flow, collaborating with numerous teams (both technical and non-technical) to implement solutions, and analyze the results.
- Creating IaC issuing best practices across development planning including back end development using AWS cloud infrastructure services such as API Gateway and AWS Lambda.
- Designing database schema as well as scripting and improving testing, deployments, and server infrastructure provisioning/maintenance.
- Being part of the team that shapes our strategy in a rapidly evolving environment. With stakeholders on our side, client side, and partner side, you'll have frequent opportunities to influence significant decisions.
- Support the team in assessing, defining, and rolling out workflow and process improvements
- Be an inquisitive mind and a confident voice towards development projects & discussions
- Aid the team in training and mentoring new team members
- Be an awesome fellow team member and help to maintain the StudioLabs culture in our NYC-based office, Buffalo, NY-based office, & various remote work from home locations.
- SaaS development experience utilizing AWS, Azure, and or GCP cloud-native architecture - IaC.
- Back End development & engineering experience creating & developing REST API’s - Node.js and Python preferred.
- Postgresql/MySQL - Experience must include creating tables, designing schemas, experience troubleshooting and optimizing poorly performing queries
- Strong working knowledge of Linux servers (configuring web servers, configuring security software, log maintenance, etc.)
- A 4 year degree (or equivalent work experience) with a strong foundation in Computer Science.
- Rockstar written/verbal communication presentation skills
- The desire and drive to be awesome every day
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to seamlessly wrangle multiple, concurrent priorities and work streams
- Perm stateside position that requires citizenship due to the nature of the work. Please no C2C or outside recruiters/agencies.
ABOUT STUDIO LABS:
Joining a company of about 35 team members, split over two office locations and various work-from-home locations, and doing consistently great work with unflappable kindness is difficult, but energizing and rewarding in equal measure. StudioLabs understands what it means to be human, and we take every measure to allow our team members the kind of work-life balance you won’t get with most other organizations. We know the life of a Team Lead can be hectic at times, so we offer flexible work hours, ample vacation time, and an office culture that’s both relaxed and energetic at the same time. Yes, it’s a job… we all work hard and put in an honest day’s work here at StudioLabs… but we also take care of our team members.
- We offer a competitive compensation package with additional perks & benefits. Above average PTO package, health benefits, gym (or equipment reimbursement), lot’s of upward mobility & growth, and a flexible schedule to name a few.
- The health & safety of our team and fellow humans comes 1st! Due to Covid 19 our offices are 100% remote and will continue to be so until it is safe to return. Your location is fine with us even after Covid conditions lift.