Anritsu is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all employees. We offer standard benefits such as major medical, vision and dental coverage, life insurance, Employee Assistance Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts, a generous 401(k) Matching Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, and profit sharing. Our benefit package is designed to positively impact all aspects of your life; to help you and your family succeed; and to maintain our status as a "perfect job." Come find out what Anritsu has to offer you!
As a Sr. Software Applications Engineer based in our San Diego, CA office, you will have responsibility for software product development for our leading edge 5G protocol test software. This will also include some onsite visits to the customer labs, joint integration, testing and bug fixing of the product with the customer. You will be part of R&D team dedicated to providing 4G and 5G protocol test products.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Identify customer requirements
- Interact with customers and taking ownership of reported issues and seeing problems through to resolution
- Requirements analysis includes software/product specification document reviews
- Software design and development within a protocol environment
- Adherence and conformance to the software development process
- Review of software specifications
- Log Analysis and diagnosis of the problems
- Provide estimates and report progress
- Help support team and customers resolve their queries in using product to test 5G/LTE protocols.
- Good communication within and across teams
- This position will be reporting to the Carrier Test Manager based in Allen, TX.
- BSEE, BSCS or equivalent engineering degree
- 5+ years of experience in telecommunications
- Good working knowledge of 3GPP 3G/4G/5G Access Stratum protocols (L1/L2/L3), with particular emphasis in RRC and NAS layer
- Strong C++ experience, minimum 5 years
- Experience with VS Studio, Boost, STL, Xerces
- Good experience in object-oriented software design and implementation, minimum 3 years
- Good experience in software testing including writing unit tests, module tests and system tests.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
In order to be successful in this role, the following competencies and behavior skills are required:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Focus on customer satisfaction.
- Methodical problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills e.g. time management and balancing priorities.
- Exceptional self-motivation and self-management skills, ability to work diligently.
- Demonstrated successful performance in a dynamic, multi-task environment
- Ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve meaningful results
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.