Sr. Architect – Application & Cloud Technologies
T. Rowe Price is looking for an architect to help drive the development of innovative marketing and distribution solutions on the Cloud. Ideally, you are an excellent programmer with breadth and depth across various architecture domains and can lead our solution development efforts in close partnership with our business stakeholders and technology delivery teams. You will be part of the Distribution & Marketing Solutions architecture team and help steer strategic technology direction, define target state architecture, technology roadmaps, build reference implementations and mentor others while championing and maturing the enterprise architecture practice of the firm.
- Responsible for solution design that aligns with architecture principles, technology standards, best practices and guidelines.
- Engage with business and technology leaders to understand strategy, articulate solution options, evaluate tradeoffs and influence key decisions.
- Translate functional and non-functional requirements into effective design and architectural guidance to delivery teams.
- Evangelize adoption of development best practices like agile & lean methodologies, dev-ops, continuous delivery, test automation, containerization and cloud deployments.
- Operate across business verticals to increase agility, drive common approaches, increase reuse and drive down total cost of ownership.
- Define goals for technology components and frameworks including reference architectures and implementations
- Serve as a subject matter expert for application architecture, cloud, architectural best practices, design patterns, tools & platforms.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and industry & market trends.
- Be willing to be hands-on as needed to help add value to delivery teams.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field with 10+ years of experience.
- Hands-on expertise in Java & Web technologies (HTML, JS & CSS)
- Demonstrated success engaging business partners in a consultative manner and turning business concepts into well designed technology solutions.
- Expertise in building internet scale solutions in the cloud preferred.
- Business value focused mindset balancing tactical and strategic needs.
- Interest in learning the marketing and distribution space – prior experience in the financial services industry / asset management space preferred.
- Proven ability to work well and influence others. Strong inter-personal skills, written and verbal communication skills, ability to generate great content and present them effectively.
- Must have a thorough understanding of agile development methodologies.
- Preferred technical skills: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Java (Tomcat, Servlets, JSP), Web Services, REST APIs, Micro-services, JMS, jQuery, Node, Websocket, SPA frameworks like Angular/React, Github, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Terraform, SonarQube, & Fortify.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer