Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, Ltd. is an innovative small business committed to providing world-class technical, management, and training support services to government and public sector clients. We focus on people, processes, and performance to deliver superior results. Since our inception in 1997, our commitment to mission success and customer satisfaction has been recognized with exponential growth and exceptional past performance ratings. We accept challenging assignments and drive projects from the planning stages, through implementation, and into operations and support. Our employees are embedded support contractors to various US Government offices.
Duties included but not limited to
- Performs government independent Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) weapon store from aircraft separation analyses for time-accurate CFD simulation (e.g. setup, run, and evaluate the simulation using STAR-CCM+ and STAR-CFD+) and compare government's results to LRSO Prime contractors' CFD separation analyses
- Develop Wind Tunnel Test (WTT) plans and test plan reports (pre-test and post-test) and use WTT data to validate CFD models and simulations; participate in LRSO Cruise Missile Prime contractors' WTT
- Familiar with various CFD post-processing tools (e.g. FIELDVIEW) output and output processing
- Ability to learn Kestrel (Government CFD tool) and apply in support of contractor CM design as well as supporting flight tests
- Working knowledge of the Air Force SEEK EAGLE Office (AFSEO) stores separation process for approval procedures/requirements is a plus.
- Develop monitor, evaluate, and execute systems test plans (such as Test and Evaluation Master Plan) and participate in the conduct of system and subsystem wind tunnel testing.
- Perform engineering tasks concerned with the definition of advanced cruise missile aerodynamic performance and to meet range requirement. Develop and utilize analytical and simulation analysis techniques to optimize system performance; establish aerodynamic sensitivities, define CM parameters, evaluate hardware and validate flight test results in terms of overall system relationships and applications to demonstrate CM range.
- Develop, prepare, review, and integrate selected milestone review documentation, periodic reports, and certifications as identified in DoDI 5000.02 & AF Sup 1, and recommend and prepare changes.
- Perform reviews, studies, audits, evaluations, and analyses and provide technical recommendations to the Government.
- Position may be filled at the Senior or Subject Matter Expert (SME) level depending on qualifications.
- MS in Engineering, Aerodynamics + 15 years relevant experience or Ph.D. + 5-25 years relevant experience (Senior) OR
- Ph.D. in Engineering, Aerodynamics + 25 years relevant experience and recognized at a national level in a technical field, specialized engineering, or technology area. Published in the area of expertise and have taught formally in the area-conference/symposium (SME)
- Current Secret Security Clearance (investigation within 6 years)
- Effective communication skills both orally and in writing
- US Citizen
- Current Top Secret Security Clearance
- Position requires travel (approximately 20%). Must be able to rent/operate rental cars while on travel.