The Sr. Site Finance Manager (SFM) is a member of the plant leadership team and valued business partner of the Site Operations team. Contributes to all areas of plant management, providing a unique financial lens on the business. The incumbent is responsible for planning and coordinating plant budget and business planning activities in alignment with corporate policies and practices. The incumbent will provide financial direction to the plant and provide recommendations to improve site performance.
In practice, the SFM will analyze financial activities and provide advice, coaching and decision-support for future financial plans. The goal of this analysis and partnership is to enable the company’s leaders to make sound business decisions and meet the company’s objectives. Drives optimal performance (cost, fulfillment, quality, cash) and profitability through the Supply Chain and Project execution.
- Site strategy and execution of manufacturing finance activities, coordinating planning, pacing, and closing activities.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Own P&L and balance sheet activities, inventory controls (PI, Revals, standards, variances, etc.), product fulfillment and COGS booking, functional costs, P&E, etc. Advise on investment activities and provide business strategies for the Company.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Maintain the financial health of the organization
- Develop trends and projections for the Company’s finances.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Partner with other departments, to achieve plant and company goals.
- BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or Master's degree in Accounting would be a plus
- CMA would be a plus.
- 10+ years of relevant manufacturing finance experience
- Excellent data and financial analysis skills
- Strong standard cost accounting experience, consolidations experience, general manufacturing plant accounting, G/L, A/P, financial reporting, supervision, forecasting, strategy development, capital expenditure analysis and tracking, budget development and implementation experience.
- Experience developing budget and interim financial forecasts
- Documented success in developing teams
- Strong influential communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being achieved
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.