Develops, codes, deploys, and maintains web applications and websites. The successful candidate will develop , support and maintain websites on the Customer's network. This effort shall also include developing web-based training (WBT) courses. The Web Developer and Web Graphics Designer tasks include collecting and analyzing user needs to determine website content and technical/graphical design requirements; designing, building, and maintaining websites and course-related WBT using scripting languages, management tools and digital/multi-media; communicating with the Customer to determine prioritized needs, resolving conflicts, and developing content criteria in conjunction with subject experts and customers.
1. Develops, tests, and produces server setup utilizing Linux and Windows Operating Systems
2. Utilizes and establishes relational databases such as Oracle or MYSQL
3. Develops and evaluates code to ensure validity, proper structure, customer and industry standards and compatibility with the customer's browsers, devices and operating systems
4. Identifies issues through testing and corrects problems using industry and customer standard testing protocols and customer feedback
5. Maintains knowledge of current web technologies and web/graphic design technologies available to the customer
6. Performs and documents the requirements, implementation of the final products and any updates
7. Strong emphasis and experience on user interface design and programming. Ability to translate designs into a content management system (Wordpress, SharePoint or Joomla.
9. Experience working in the PC environment with Adobe Creative Suite and similar products
10+ years of experience in the field of web design and development to include full life cycle web development (testing, system validation and verification, maintenance, troubleshooting, and documentation) and graphical user interface (GUI) design (design, layout, .508)
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.