Description Technical LeadQualification
Bachelor's in engineering or equivalentResponsibility
:Project Planning & Setup
- Understand and contribute to resource plan.
- Identify appropriate processes based on project landscape.
- Identify gaps and advise on improvements if required.
- Share inputs in creation of project plan.
- Contribute to hardware/software requirement plan.
Requirement Gathering and Analysis
- Understand the test strategy, evaluate the design and identify gaps in the test plans, if any.
- Analyze functional/non functional requirements and seek clarifications for better understanding of requirements.
- Define timeline estimates based on the requirements, complexity and inhouse capability.
- Communicate estimates to supervisor for review.
- Provide inputs on technical feasibility of requirements.
- Identify gaps in requirements.
- Share additional requirements identified with supervisor.
- Guide team in preparation of technical specification document and review the same.
- Break down the base lines requirements into business and functional requirements.
- Prepare high level and low level design and share with supervisor for approval.
- Identify tools and technologies to be used in the project as well as reusable objects that could be customized for the project.
- Share the design document with the functional team post supervisor review.
- Guide team in coding as per design.
- Follow coding standards and best practices to check code quality.
- Share developed code with supervisor for review.
- Rework on the code based on inputs if required.
- Perform complex integration.
- Guide the developers in identifying, preparing and conducting unit test cases and fixing defects based on results.
- Consolidate the test results and share with supervisor.
- Provide periodic status update to supervisor and highlight / recommend any changes in design based on challenges faced.
- Anticipate unreported defects and raise the same to supervisor.
- Conduct technical troubleshooting.
- Conduct reviews for codes created by team.
- Coordinate with QA team during the testing phase.
- Address queries raised by QA within defined timelines.
- Conduct functional / non functional testing if required.
- Investigate critical defects and establish need for fixing.
- Fix complex defects identified during functional / non functional testing.
- Understand the defect impact / criticality and handle accordingly.
- Raise issues to leads/QA.
- Report defect status as per project standard process within agreed timelines.
- Review defect fixes done by team guide them.
- Fix defects identified during UAT within agreed timelines.
- Share revised code with supervisor for review.
Deployment & Closure
- Assist team lead and project manager on estimates around defect fixes.
- Conduct allocated transition tasks as per agreed timelines.
- Address queries / provide assistance in fixing issues during warranty period.
- Provide prompt response during production support.
- Fix defects as and when required.
- Maintain deployment tracker.
- Perform sanity check post deployment to ensure smooth production.
Service Support & Maintenance
- Share activity status with supervisor and highlight concerns if any.
- Participate in scoping meetings and identify transition requirements for new projects.
- Reconfirm requirements with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide transition activities.
- Regularly track progress of transitions through weekly dashboards.
- Attend user calls, and capture required information and incident details for logging.
- Post information gathering, identify whether the incoming request is a service request or an incident.
- Determine urgency and impact of the situation.
- Assign appropriate priority to the incident.
- Assign the incident to the right stakeholder for a workaround/fix.
- Conduct analysis on various incidents that occur frequently Categorize recurring incidents as problems/known errors.
- Provide support to resolve these errors.
- Initiate change management process.
- Create specific artifacts for tasks allocated by supervisor.
- Share artifact with supervisor for review.
- Upload article in the knowledge management repository.
- Seek inputs from knowledge repository to resolve problems.
- Apply best practices/ learning during development activities.
- Provide support in creation of training courses and supporting artifacts on the training server such as demo, presentation.
- Conduct training with the help of academy and mentoring with respect to domain.
- Mentor new joiners in EAS function on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to various project managers in identification of training needs of their subordinates.
Must Have Skills
- Provide inputs during goal setting and performance appraisal.
Good To Have Skills
- Veeva Advanced Configuration
- Veeva Dev & Customization
Technical SkillsSNoPrimary SkillProficiency Level *Rqrd./Dsrd.
1Veeva Dev & CustomizationPL2Desired2Veeva Advanced ConfigurationPL2Required3Veeva ConfigurationPL3Required
* Proficiency LegendsProficiency LevelGeneric Reference
PL1The associate has basic awareness and comprehension of the skill and is in the process of acquiring this skill through various channels.PL2The associate possesses working knowledge of the skill, and can actively and independently apply this skill in engagements and projects.PL3The associate has comprehensive, in-depth and specialized knowledge of the skill. She / he has extensively demonstrated successful application of the skill in engagements or projects.PL4The associate can function as a subject matter expert for this skill. The associate is capable of analyzing, evaluating and synthesizing solutions using the skill.