The Service Now Senior Engineer is responsible for working closely with HR/IT business analysts and business partners to deploy technology solutions that meet business needs. Works closely with HR/IT business analysts to understand business requirements and translate into technology solutions, ensuring customer expectations are met in a timely manner and aligned with technology standards. Designs, develops, deploys, installs, configures and maintains standard, sustainable solutions on the Service Now platform for IT/HR with regards to discipline and software. Define and implement solutions that adhere to enterprise and platform architectural and engineering standards.
- Participate in SDLC activities related to IT and HR Service Delivery
- Assign points to Stories to validate time spent doing development work.
- Create test cases (ServiceNow ATF, HP ALM) to detect defects/issues prior to code promotion into Production.
- Adhere to defined SLAs in ITSM (Incident, Problem, Change, SDLC, etc.)
Additional Information and Key Metrics:
- SDLC and Projects are fully integrated with Governance and Project lifecycle checkpoints
- Industry best practices are used to manage and maintain IT/HR requests through ServiceNow SDLC
- All bi-weekly sprint releases include test results from ServiceNow ATF prior to Production deployment
- ServiceNow Knowledge Base and/or equivalent documentation exists for processes, procedures, and standards.
- Participating in all aspects of SDLC related to ServiceNow IT & HR Service Delivery, including story creation, points assignment, backlog grooming, queue prioritization, develop/design and testing.
- Involvement with escalations and incident management including post incident reporting.
- Resolving incident tickets within published SLA’s.
- Act as a liaison and partner between IT and HR business areas, business analysts, and act as ServiceNow subject matter expert.
- Collaborate on the evaluation, recommendation, business readiness and implementation of ServiceNow technology solutions.
- Help identify potential improvements to processes, procedures and software tools.
- Provide training and mentoring to Level 1 peers in support of enhancements, stories, and defect tickets.
- Provide preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem resolution services for ServiceNow IT and HR Service Delivery.
- Maintains current knowledge of ServiceNow marketplace changes, technology changes, and client business pertinent to IT and HR Service Delivery.
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
Years and Type of Experience Required:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience with ServiceNow or other Service Delivery, Knowledge Management Applications
- Requires 4+ years of ServiceNow platform experience
- Requires 4+ years of relevant technical and business work experience as a developer/administrator
- ServiceNow Administrator and Developer certifications required
- Experience with ServiceNow Service Portal strongly preferred
- ITIL v3 certification preferred
- Proven experience in all aspects of ServiceNow development, configuration and administration
- experience with software development life cycle (SDLC), Agile, and Scrum methodologies
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Ability to “think big” and challenge conventional wisdom regarding technology refresh and hype
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Expertise in ServiceNow
- Ability to build and maintain scalable solution focusing on out-of-the-box
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to adapt quickly and work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Possess outgoing, collaborative, team oriented style and strong interpersonal skills to successfully manage potential conflicts.
- Ability to work within a global team across cultures
- Exhibit core company behaviors that focus on how we at LS&Co. Operate together day to day regardless of level, function or location.
- Know the business; Own the Result; Company First; Be part of the solution; Lead by Example