Who we are
Imagine working in a place where continuous improvement and innovation is celebrated and rewarded; where fast-paced,high-impact teams come together to positively drive results for one of the largest & most iconic brands in the world.
As the only rapidly growing retailer, you may know us as your friendly neighborhood store. You probably know our familiar name, have seen our pervasive logo, and have tried our highly sought-after products, such as Slurpee® and Big Bite®. "Brain Freeze" is a 7-Eleven registered trademark for our 53-year old Slurpee® and with over 67,000 stores globally (more than any other retailer or food service provider), we sell over 14 million a month.
But there's a lot more to our story and much more left to be written. We are transforming our business, ensuring we are customer obsessed and digitally enabled to seamlessly link our brick and mortar stores with digital products and services.
At 7-Eleven the entrepreneurial spirit is in our DNA and has been ever since our inception 90+ years ago. It's what drove us to invent the convenience industry in 1927 by envisioning how a simple ice dock could provide household staples such as milk and eggs to better serve the needs of our customers.
Today we are redefining convenience and the customer experience in big ways...we are fundamentally changing ourculture and we want talented, innovative, customer obsessed, and entrepreneurial people like you to come make historywith us.
▶How we lead
At 7-Eleven we are guided by our Leadership Principles.
- Be Customer Obsessed
- Be Courageous with Your Point of View
- Challenge the Status Quo
- Act Like an Entrepreneur
- Have an "It Can Be Done" Attitude
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
Each principle has a defined set of behaviors which help guide the 7-Eleven team to Serve Customers and Support Stores.
▶About This Opportunity
The Sr Service-Now Developer is responsible for the administration, development, documentation and technical support ofthe Service-Now platform and will provide influence and guidance to junior team members.
- Implements, documents and maintains the ServiceNow Platform.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of IS server offerings and business needs to ensure recommened solutions are prescribed with the intention of increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of those servie offerings.
- Logs technical support incidents, problems and request into ServiceNow.
- Monitors incidents assigned to the adminsitrator.
- Test, analyzes, collaborates and assists with translating business requirements into technical requirements to ensure a smooth implementation of new enhancements, appliations or modules.
- Utilizes Java Scriptiong, HTML, CSS and PowerShell to deliver solutions that automate and audit busines processes.
- Utilizes best practices for development, conducts thorough testing, analysis, and certifiacation of changes toServiceNow.
- Ensures all assigned project tasks required for the implementaiton of ServiceNow are completed on schedule.
- Lead Development efforts for the team.
- Provide Guidance and oversight to Junior team members
- Provides advanced technical support to Support Teams utilizing Service-Now.
- Escalates performance issues, unresolvable incidents and service interruptions to Service-now technical support.
- Creates and updates incident records in Service-now's tracking system.
- Bachelors in Computer Sciences, MIS or related degree or combination of education, training and experience
- 5-7 years of relevant development or engineering experience
- Expert knowledge of ServiceNow with ServiceNow Administrator Certification - would like Developer Certification as well.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL methodologies, ITSM concepts, enterprise IT arch.
- Solid understanding of the application development lifecycle process, including requirement analysis, quality assurance, design, scheduling, implementation, issue tracking, version control and deployment.
- Strong knowledge of Web 2.0 Technologies (Java Scriptiong, XML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, etc), PowerShell, SaaS applciations, network operations (networks, protocols and email [SMTP, POP3]).
- Experience in leading a team of developers and providing guidance to junior team members.
- Highly skilled and proficient in using development tools with the analytical and problem solving skills necessary totroubleshoot and provide user support.