As a Readiness engineer, you will be responsible for developing training packages for our Specialty Separation Systems (SFC, Autopurification, Flatbed injectors, etc). In this role, you'll have the opportunity to provide technical expertise on Waters' innovative product suite (LC, HPLC/UPLC, SFC, LC/MS) with a focus on supporting Separations systems.
Technical support includes assistance with operation, troubleshooting, maintenance and validation of Waters' products and technologies. The Service Support Engineer will define service requirements for new products as part of the new product project team and coordinates development, completion, and distribution of Service product introduction packages and training packages.
Additional support includes Empower, UNIFI and 3rd party applications and/or control for these systems.
- Primary responsibilities are to provide technical support, through various means and design, develop and maintain training courses on Specialty Separations Systems to the global field service organization.
- Technical support includes operational, application, system troubleshooting and product improvement recommendations.
- Documentation of support calls in the appropriate service business system.
- Support global curriculum development for Waters specialty separations products and build comprehensive learning paths for Waters services personnel.
- Provide product input to Global Operations, Quality, Development, Service and Product Management.
- Provide technical content for service procedures, technical service notes and service training.
- Participate on new product teams, define service requirements for new products and input on previous product analysis based on product history.
- Monitor for systemic product performance and reliability concerns. Report findings to the Quality organization.
- Provide on-site assistance to the field service organization.
- Design, develop, and maintain courses, and ensure associated blended learning activities enable learners to build knowledge progressively.
- Facilitate global collaboration of services trainers and trainees
- Deliver technical training courses to services personnel, evaluate and report on course attendees, and review and respond to attendees’ course assessments.
- Partner with Global Service Support and content development teams to define training content requirements and ensure training deliverables are fit-for-purpose.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in related technology or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years’ experience with Waters’ products and applications or related industry experience.
- Prior customer related or field related experience is beneficial in this role.
- Experienced systems knowledge Waters Separations Science Technology Systems.
- Waters chromatography data applications such as Empower and Masslynx, as well as, non-Waters 3rd party applications.
- Back office business systems knowledge such as Microsoft, SAP, and Lotus Notes are favorable.
- Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Polished communication skills, both verbal and written, including presentation skills
- Strong telephone, problem solving, organizational, analytical, listening and multi-tasking skills are required.
- Domestic and worldwide travel is expected at approximately 20%.
Req. # 9837