POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for cloud technologies invaried environments, including, but not limited to, AWS and Google Cloud Platforms. The Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer will focus on designing and developing automation to support continuous delivery and continuous integration processes. The role will provide an enthusiastic focus on automation and building repeatable solutions to eliminate manual operations.
- Maintaining cloud serverless architecture;
- Provisioning of AWS Systems, securing of VPC, implementation ofsecurity groups, Identity and Access Management (IAM), backups, restore & disaster recovery;
- Code deployment across multiple cloud providers including but not limited to AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud;
- Automation & Configuration Management;
- Works closely with development teams to integrate projects into theproduction AWS environment and ensure its ongoing support
- Build production infrastructure using code and repeatable designs
- Troubleshoots software stack as needed.
- Builds engineering automation and productivity tools to streamline and scale applications in the production environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues related to application development, deployment and operations
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required; Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred;
- 6+ years of experience in DevOps and software engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on operational experience with Amazon Web Services
- Operational experience with AWS Serverless architectures, a plus
- Solid knowledge of AWS platform and its services - including but not limited to: AMIs, Route53, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, SQS, Lambda, CloudWatch
- Enterprise scale cloud environment delivering PaaS and/or SaaS solutions
COMPLEXITY: Utilizes sound decision making skills and communicates well withother team members and business users. Identifies problems and recommends solutions. Performance will be measured by his/her ability to deliver quality applications on time.