Sr. Server Java Developer
Full Time/Perm/Direct Hire
Salary Range: 140,000 to 160,000 plus a 10% bonus
The job specs attached, but key requirements:
- Strong engineer ? understand why in addition to what
- Excellent Java and related open source tech stack
- Experience with high volume low latency real time systems
- Operational maturity ? know what metrics to collect and how design systems for high availability
- Self-starter and coming from high pace dynamic culture. Big banks lifers do not apply.
The person will be reporting into the new Director of Server in New York, NY.
Senior Java Developer be joining a team of top server engineers that design and build the heart of our client and product platform. The right candidate will be challenged to help propel our client to the top tier of social gaming through adoption and application of the latest in the Server side, Big Data and AI technology, such as high scalable cloud-based infrastructure, stream analysis and machine learning. The person will be a key contributor to aspects of design and delivery of all our clients Server Systems, Services and Data Stores.
- Education: BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. MS in CS or Engineering a big plus.
- Technical expertise ?Architecture & Systems Development
- Deep expertise in and experience with Java server-side development, real time SOA and micro services architecture (6years+)
- Expertise with REST API Concepts and Dropwizard/Jersey Framework, low-level networking (TCP stack) and Netty Framework
- 5+ years of design and delivery of high volume highly available back end infrastructures ? Telcos / Trading / AdTech systems, etc. Excellent understanding of enterprise architecture patterns, UML.
iii. Gaming or Equitytrading server-side experience is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering systems at large scale (20K+ mps) using Kafka and Hazelcast
- In depth understanding of the Distributed System Concepts: Leadership, Consensus, In-Sync Replicas, Partitioning
- 6+ years of hands on Java development, strong familiarity with C / C++
vii. Strong understanding of key security concepts and patterns
viii. Excellent understanding of enterprise and mobile facing systems architecture
- Technical expertise - Data Management
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL DBs, specifically with Cassandra and MySQL
- Experience with cloud-based Big Data tools.
- Experience with Real Time Stream Analysis. Experience with ML and AI modeling a big plus.
- Systems Operational maturity
- Experience building operationally mature, well instrumented, very highly scalable, highly available, secure systems
- Experience with Build Automation Tools: Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker Image Repositories
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, DataDog, Stackdriver
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, Java development and continuous integration best practices. Expertise with Jira and Confluence a big plus.