Do you love driving business growth through SEO? You might be the rock star we’ve been searching for to join our growing SEO team! This is an amazing opportunity to work in a highly successful, fast growing company with some of the sharpest minds in the industry.
Bankrate is seeking a highly competitive, hands-on SEO Manager who exhibits a quantitative/analytical approach to SEO. The Manager is responsible for all aspects of increasing natural search traffic and profit to spur healthy year-over-year growth. The ideal candidate is curious, self-sufficient, and embodies a get-it-done attitude. He/she understands how websites and search engines function in order to create superior user experiences while balancing SEO and business objectives.
The role will be highly visible within the organization and reports to the VP, SEO.
Specific Job Functions Include:
- Drive, develop and enhance our SEO strategy for assigned sections of the site. Responsible for developing organic marketing strategies, such as content strategy and outreach. Focus will be on driving lower funnel traffic to increase organic search revenues by 30%+, YoY.
- Responsible for developing and managing technical SEO projects. Lead cross-functional coordination to ensure SEO project prioritization and completion.
- Constantly track, analyze, and report on overall SEO success with regards to traffic, rankings, content, backlinks, and business performance.
- Day-to-day execution of organic search engine campaigns including projects like keyword research, competitive research, content optimization, outreach strategy, and site architecture improvements.
- Collaborate with Editorial to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- Produce technical audits as needed and execute on-page optimizations on an ongoing basis.
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO developments and news, especially as it pertains to technical aspects of sites such as JS and AJAX best practices.
- Develop and maintain a world-class SEO analytics stack (rank tracking, crawl reports, competitive intelligence).
- Train, mentor and develop staff into SEO experts.
- 3+ years of SEO experience for sites with substantial organic search traffic.
- Experience working with and across both content and technical development teams.
- A strong understanding of SEO principles, tools, and data analysis.
- Experience driving rankings and traffic growth on highly competitive keywords.
- Thorough knowledge of search algorithms and their impact on rankings.
- Understands how to leverage technical SEO, content, links and UX to drive organic growth.
- Experience working on sites with 100k+ indexed pages that are conversion oriented and mobile-focused.
- Superior Excel and data analysis skills; utilized tools such as Google Analytics and Data Studio, BigQuery, Looker, and SQL.
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administration
- Both agency/consulting or in-house experience considered
- Bachelor's degree required