As a member of the Risk Management Systems Team, the Sr. Systems Analyst is responsible for maintaining day-to-day claims systems support and development of existing and new technologies within Risk Management. This position will be required to develop, test, document, and implement software fixes, enhancements, and components to systems written in SQL, C#, Java Script, and Oracle. Responsibilities:
- Develop, test, implement, and maintain solutions for software systems and interfaces using SQL, C #, Java Script, SQL Server, and Oracle.
- Work with vendors and internal partners on tasks to ensure that design, development, and testing is completed successfully for project implementations.
- Work collaboratively with users to understand business problems and opportunities, and analyze and present solution options.
- Act as the liaison between business users, IT technical personnel and vendors, to accurately articulate technical issues, business impact, and ensure timely resolution of issues and/or escalation of complex or critical business problems.
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve user reported system issues including data interface and functional issues.
- Gather requirements, create technical design, document, and implement solutions to satisfy business needs.
- Create, maintain, and develop documentation associated with new or modified development.
- Comply with company standards and procedures, including IT control requirements.
- Provide availability for after business hour production deployments and on call support.
- Proven Experience with developing and supporting software systems and interfaces, including outbound/inbound file transfers and web services.
- Demonstrated experience with identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving, user reported application issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to interpret business needs into application requirements and recommend solutions for enhancements.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly complex business and technology information with both internal and external contacts both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to lead meetings and reach desired outcomes set for those meetings.
- Must be extremely organized and capable of working on many tasks simultaneously.
- Past experience working with cross-functional teams; understanding tasks and responsibilities; providing direction to users and vendors to complete work efforts.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to provide after hours on-call support for client group in a team rotation, including weekends and holidays.
- Proven Experience with supporting applications, Riskonnect ClearSight, Business Intelligence, and related applications including IE 11 and Java.
- Basic knowledge using reporting software such as Crystal Reports and SAS.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
- Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney's iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney's global consumer products operations include the world's leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world's largest children's publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. , which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products .
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.