The Sr. Security engineer is a technical position within the Technology organization of Express Scripts. The position reports to the Director responsible for securityinfrastructure.
Ensure adherence to Express Scripts security design principles and information protection policies. Act as a technical lead for complex securityinfrastructure projects. Use existing and new capability in order to improve security, reduce overall attack surface, and provide security related visibility into network systems and services. Develop, document, and implement security best practices. Mentor operations team engineers. Develop and implement processes to ensure control effectiveness of securityinfrastructure. Consult with IT applications owners on security related issues and architecture. Monitor ongoing performance and capability of systems and recommend updates or modifications according to the current threatlandscape. Work closely with the risk management organization on security related issues (incident response, vulnerability management, regulatory audits).
- College degree in Information systems, related technical field or equivalent work experience
- HTTP/S proxy servers and security (web proxy, web security). Bluecoat experiencepreferred.
- Basic administrative experience with Windows/Linux operating systems
- TCP/IP based networking
- Analytical Abilities - Analytical and information gathering skills allow for effective assessment of business risks and exposures. Problem-solving skills including working collaboratively with peer technical teams to resolve cross-platform problems or to develop securityrisk solutions.
- Communication skills - Strong verbal & written communication skills. Communications are complete & understandable to target audience. Demonstrates effective listening skills.
- Independence - Works independently with only general direction; appropriately keeps management informed of relevant issues.
- Mentoring - Mentor to other analysts and operations personnel
- Administration - Handles some routine daily administrative tasks associated with data security and specific project assignments including creating documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives prioritizing work as needed
- Familiarity with health care or PBM industry helpful
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
This expansive group is accountable for planning, building and driving core technology solutions and services across virtually every aspect of the business, including Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Architecture, Pharmacy Technology, Home Delivery, Specialty and IT Service Management. The following teams help comprise this ever-important group:
- IT Architecture & Innovation defines and drives the company’s architecture strategy.
- IT Engineering manages all engineering activities associated with the company’s architecture and attendant technology.
- IT Operations manages all the technology that supports the company’s operational functions.
Job Id: REQ20008247