About the Job
Sr. Security Engineer – Threat & Response
Do you have a natural curiosity and desire to understand how data and events can be related? Are you passionate about cyber security and desire to understand new threats and vulnerabilities? Do you love pets?
PetSmart is looking for a Sr. Security Engineer with a focus on threat and response. This individual is a key member of our cyber security team focusing on Security Operations, Incident Response, Threat Intelligence, and Threat Hunting. This role engages with our Business Partners, Security Architects, and Threat Intelligence partners to lead cyber security investigations and build out new capabilities.
This position is for an individual with a strong background in information security technologies and processes. The Sr. Security Engineer will participate in evaluating, developing, and implementing security tools, standards, procedures, and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse systems environments. They will have the ability to learn and implement a variety of security technologies, such as vulnerability management, data loss prevention, intrusion prevention, log management and security event management. This position will also require an individual who can work well with both technical and non-technical business partners.
- Respond to security events and alerts
- Lead cyber security investigations and incident response
- Threat Model and develop appropriate security monitoring content
- Design and implement automation where opportunities exist
- Coordinate between IT, Business Partners, and 3rd parties in support of security operations
- Analyze current attack trends to design and implement technical and process-oriented countermeasures
- Build, configure, and support security technologies
- Develop and mature a threat hunting practice
- Build and refine security event response plans
- Engage with projects to develop appropriate security instrumentation of solutions and support the Security Architecture and Risk function
- Minimum 5+ years progressive experience in Information Technology
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Splunk technologies
- Knowledge of Splunk search language, search techniques, alerts, dashboards, visualizations, and report development
- Experience in managing security technologies such as Web Application Firewalls, Proxies, Bot Protections, API gateways, PKI and secrets management solutions
- Demonstrated technical knowledge and working experience with common IT Platforms: Windows, Linux, , RDMS, Directory Services, GCP, , Salesforce, containerization, microservices architecture, source control, etc.
- Demonstrated technical understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack & network technologies
- Knowledge of industry laws and regulations mandating information security and information risk management requirements (PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, Privacy Regulations)
- Knowledge of common application architectures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with ability to explain security topics and risk to a business audience
- Experience in Security Engineering, Security Operations, and Incident Response
- Experience working with threat intelligence data products and developing capabilities for threat hunting
- Experience in consumer engaging industries such as Retail or Technology
- Experience administering and securing cloud service provider environments
- Experience supporting and securing Product Teams
- Experience working in a DevSecOps environment
- Experience penetration testing
- Security Certifications such as CISSP, GIAC, OSCP